Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

8/20 Today is...

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 16 Replies

NATIONAL RADIO DAY

Each year on August 20, National Radio Day celebrates the great invention of the radio.

In the late 19th century, it became clear that wireless communication was possible.

There were several inventors that had a part in the invention of the radio in the late 1800′s and not just one person can be credited with it’s beginning. To make the radio a reality, it required a number of different inventions and discoveries including both transmission and reception methods as well as technology.

It was in the 1920′s when the first broadcast stations began airing programs.  These first programs were those of news and world events.

•  Radio ownership grew from two out of five homes in 1931 to four out of five homes in 1938.
  • According to FCC statistics, at the end of 2012, there were more than 15,000 licensed broadcast radio stations in the U.S.

To celebrate National Radio Day, listen to your favorite radio station and give a special recognition to your local radio personalities.

Happy National Radio Day!

http://nationaldaycalendar.com/

When was the last time you listened to the radio? Do you have a favorite radio station?

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I listen to sirius radio now. 70's on 7 mostly but other stations too. Rarely turn on reg radio with so many channels to choose from.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

i listen to the radio on the way to work and back....

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Yesterday!  I listen to sirius radio in the car daily.  I listen to The Highway (country station), mostly.   I also listen to classic rock.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM
This morning, on the way to work.

I like the local rock station.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM
The Highway is usually what I have on too! Every once in a while I'll change it to '80's on 8

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Yesterday!  I listen to sirius radio in the car daily.  I listen to The Highway (country station), mostly.   I also listen to classic rock.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM

This morning on my way to taking my dog to be fixed.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I listened to the radio this morning and my favorite radio station is MyPraise 102.5

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quoting fammatthews4:

The Highway is usually what I have on too! Every once in a while I'll change it to '80's on 8

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I have had Sirius for 15 months.....and haven't figured out the numbers for stations..... or how to 'dial' the numbers!   I hear there is a Bon Jovi station.... but can't find it.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Quoting fammatthews4:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I have had Sirius for 15 months.....and haven't figured out the numbers for stations..... or how to 'dial' the numbers!   I hear there is a Bon Jovi station.... but can't find it.

I only know a few but when you find Bon Jovi pass it on please.!!!!!!!.....I'll be waiting ; )

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM

in my car both Sirius 70's and 80's ,NPR and a local rock occasionally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN