Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are these good or bad?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

What do you think of the shows Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girls for tv shows? Do you think they are good shows to prepare girls for how girls are and treat each other in High School?

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Love them. I watch them too. It is a tv show, not real life. If you like murder mysteries doesn't make you a murderer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I've never watched Gossip Girls, and have only seen a few episodes of Pretty Little Liars. I don't see the big deal with either of them.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My teenage daughter likes Pretty Little Liars but I have never sat through a whole episode to give that type of opinion but it's up to my husband and I to stay active and have many talks with our kids and be an example on how to treat other people because TV in my opinion is just that TV.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Never seen either and don't plan to
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I have seen a few. They are TV shows, fictional, so no they aren't realistic as most tv isn't. Most girls entering HS would be mature enough to differentiate.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM

My daughter loved Gossip Girl ,she and several friends would watch it and talk about at the same time.During the summers they would watch it together.None of them thought it was based on reality at all.Just drama and clothes

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I've never seen either.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I am not familiar with those....but if my 10 years old was, i will explain to her that IT IS AS FICTION AS BATMAN!

Roo1234
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM

My daughter likes the book series (Pretty Little Liars)--which as an aside isn't her normal genera--but has never really gotten into watching the show.  

I don't think shows like this really teach anyone that people (teens) really treat each other that way, anymore than American Idol represents the way a majority of musicans gain careers.  At least with the former, you KNOW it is fiction.

I am more worried about the influence of such "reality" shows like Jersey Shore or  6 & Pregnant has on the culture mentality.

captainjack
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM

yes my kids watch them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)