Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's bio dad

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am amazed how my 16 year old son Kevin's bio father is being great to me including to my son.His name is Darrell and he is a great dad.He got me pregnant when I was 17 and knew to step up.I gave birth to my son when I was 18 and I am now 34.Darrell helps me out a lot and knows I can't raise him on my own.He does pay child support and is always on time.Darrell and I broke up when Kevin was year 1 year old,we did fight a lot and that is when we talked helping me out.He has joint custody also getting Kevin on weekends.Darrell has never missed a part of Kevin's life either,even his birthday.He was proud of Kevin too getting his first job.Told Kevin great job and keep it up.Kevin looks up to him a lot and learns from him.

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillian9412
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

your lucky. My daughter's father doesn't help out at all and always makes an excuse to why he can't do anything. I had to make him write my child support check in front of me because he never sent it last week when he was supposed to

alexisb3
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Darrell was raised right,man up and don't be a coward.Includes the excuses don't count at all.The child support gets taken out of Darrell's paycheck.

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

That is great.He is helping your son see how a real father behaves.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Glad things are working out so well for all of you, that's great. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:19 AM

This is great to hear, and this shows Kevin how much he is loved.

PurpleHazey

Quoting drfink:

That is great.He is helping your son see how a real father behaves.

Real father indeed

PurpleHazey

Quoting jillian9412:

your lucky. My daughter's father doesn't help out at all and always makes an excuse to why he can't do anything. I had to make him write my child support check in front of me because he never sent it last week when he was supposed to

she sure is lucky

alexisb3
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM

My ex loves Kevin a lot  and teaching him to go the right way in life making the right choices.My ex has total of 3 kids,my son and 2 daughters with his wife.I do get along with his wife very well.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM

That's great~ Kudos to him for stepping up and being a father.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I love when I hear stories like this. Parents who are no longer together but can work as a team to raise a great kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)