Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Funny First day of HS..

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 23 Replies

My DD is a beautiful, intelligent child with no common sense at all. 

School get's out at 3:15. I get a call at 3:25 from DD:

DD - Hey Mom!! 

me - Hey.. where are you?

DD - at school.. I need you to come pick me up. 

me - did ya miss the bus?

DD - yeah.. "we" couldn't find it. We went down the whole bus line and couldn't find the bus number and "some random adult" told us to go to the front of the busses and wait for it to come in. We were all standing there when the busses pulled out. 

me - who is "we"?

DD - 8 of us freshmen. You would think the bus driver would notice that none of the freshmen got on the bus. Then as they were pulling out Casey's older brother stuck his head out of the window and waved to us as they left. 

I was laughing my ass off at this point.

DD - oh nevermind.. Kelly's mom is already on the way, she'll take us all home.

Anyone else have funny first day stories?? I'm still laughing about this. 

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughters first day of Freshman year the kids (son was a sophomore) came home to tell me they had lunch together. It went something like this:
DD: Mom, I was sitting talking to a friend and (brother) came up and sat down. My friend got up and left.
DS: mom, she was talking to a boy!

Yep we had a good discussion that night about scaring off his sisters friends whether they be boy or girl. They continued to sit together the rest of the time they had lunch together (just that semester). They have both graduated now but we can all look back on that and laugh.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

BUMP!

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That is to funny

Quoting fammatthews4:

My daughters first day of Freshman year the kids (son was a sophomore) came home to tell me they had lunch together. It went something like this:
DD: Mom, I was sitting talking to a friend and (brother) came up and sat down. My friend got up and left.
DS: mom, she was talking to a boy!

Yep we had a good discussion that night about scaring off his sisters friends whether they be boy or girl. They continued to sit together the rest of the time they had lunch together (just that semester). They have both graduated now but we can all look back on that and laugh.

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM

seems like someone would have helped them find their bus but it is funny about how the brother waved out the window

Quoting ForeverLawst:

My DD is a beautiful, intelligent child with no common sense at all. 

School get's out at 3:15. I get a call at 3:25 from DD:

DD - Hey Mom!! 

me - Hey.. where are you?

DD - at school.. I need you to come pick me up. 

me - did ya miss the bus?

DD - yeah.. "we" couldn't find it. We went down the whole bus line and couldn't find the bus number and "some random adult" told us to go to the front of the busses and wait for it to come in. We were all standing there when the busses pulled out. 

me - who is "we"?

DD - 8 of us freshmen. You would think the bus driver would notice that none of the freshmen got on the bus. Then as they were pulling out Casey's older brother stuck his head out of the window and waved to us as they left. 

I was laughing my ass off at this point.

DD - oh nevermind.. Kelly's mom is already on the way, she'll take us all home.

Anyone else have funny first day stories?? I'm still laughing about this. 

leksismommy
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My first day of high school, I started with a brace on my foot. And had to sit out gym, everyone was playing volleyball, I was sitting on the floor by the gym wall. I turned my head to talk to someone and a volleyball hit me right in the face, I hit my head on the wall really hard. I tried to waddle to the bathroom, threw up all over the hall. A random teacher took me to the nurse, turned out I had a concussion and had to go to the hospital.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Funny!  What a typical brother...to wave out the window! lol

My son's first day of HS, his friends came over to walk to school with him.  They were all in his room. Suddenly, the fire alarm goes off!   I had a candle burning in the foyer and our very fluffy cat jumped up and was sitting on the bar, with his tail on the candle!    The cat apparently didn't notice his smoldering tail until the fire alarm went off, scaring him into action.... he went running towards my bedroom... with his smoking tail....  I was running after him with a wet towel..... my son and his friends ran from his room to see what all the commotion was (they did help me catch him and put out the fire), it was a chaotic mess and all the while, the fire alarm is screaming.   Suddenly, my older son is stomping down the hall to turn off the fire alarm.   He had the WTF? expression on his face....and we all just dissolved into fits of laughter.        The boys were still laughing when they left for school.

Those boys will never forget the first day of HS, aka: the day the cat burned his ass.   They still bring it up everytime they are here.  

PS:  The cat is fine, his tail fur grew back, and no damage was done.

ForeverLawst
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Funny!  What a typical brother...to wave out the window! lol

My son's first day of HS, his friends came over to walk to school with him.  They were all in his room. Suddenly, the fire alarm goes off!   I had a candle burning in the foyer and our very fluffy cat jumped up and was sitting on the bar, with his tail on the candle!    The cat apparently didn't notice his smoldering tail until the fire alarm went off, scaring him into action.... he went running towards my bedroom... with his smoking tail....  I was running after him with a wet towel..... my son and his friends ran from his room to see what all the commotion was (they did help me catch him and put out the fire), it was a chaotic mess and all the while, the fire alarm is screaming.   Suddenly, my older son is stomping down the hall to turn off the fire alarm.   He had the WTF? expression on his face....and we all just dissolved into fits of laughter.        The boys were still laughing when they left for school.

Those boys will never forget the first day of HS, aka: the day the cat burned his ass.   They still bring it up everytime they are here.  

PS:  The cat is fine, his tail fur grew back, and no damage was done.

Oh, that poor cat. Glad he's not too traumatized. 

Yeah.. DD telling me about Casey's brother waving out the window sent me into peals of laughter. That poor kid, his upper-classman brother did him wrong. 

ForeverLawst
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I can only assume that the expect you to just know things when you hit HS. She made it home on the bus yesterday just fine. 

Yesterday's trauma was the dreaded schedule change. They forgot to give her band 3rd period and she just about went off the deepend at open house. They called me yesterday to go thru her schedule and get her into band, but they had to completely turn her schedule upside down. Now she's got 2nd lunch and the poor thing was pouty all night about having to leave her friends at lunch. Mind you, she's got tons of friends in 2nd lunch too, so I don't know what the probelm is. *sighs* We'll see how she is tonight when I pick her up from band practice. 

Quoting 02nana07:

seems like someone would have helped them find their bus but it is funny about how the brother waved out the window

Quoting ForeverLawst:

ForeverLawst
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Quoting leksismommy:

My first day of high school, I started with a brace on my foot. And had to sit out gym, everyone was playing volleyball, I was sitting on the floor by the gym wall. I turned my head to talk to someone and a volleyball hit me right in the face, I hit my head on the wall really hard. I tried to waddle to the bathroom, threw up all over the hall. A random teacher took me to the nurse, turned out I had a concussion and had to go to the hospital.

I think, at that point, I would have switched schools. =/

Jenia246
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Thanks for the laugh about the cat! I love starting my day out with a good belly laugh! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)