Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

My daughter is 13 now.  With each "phase" of growth she has gone through, especially when she was really little, I always felt that I couldn't wait for her to get older.  Now I find myself looking back and I just want to cry!  I wish I could go back in time to when she was about 7 and just have all that time back.  Instead of wanting breaks away, I think I would want to spend every spare second that I had with her!  

What to do?!  I guess life is just like that.  You take for granted the time you are in right then, then end up looking back and wish you had it to do over again.  At least I do!  So now, I am TRYING to realize the importance of these years and not take anything for granted!

banging head into wall

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moobahlalala
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Moms. We just can't win sometimes. ;)
amandaw73
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I think your conclusion is correct! Cherrish what is happening RIGHT NOW! Be happy with what you currently have, and realize that so many people in the world have much less.

bizzeemom2717
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep that's a normal feeling. I just read a post about a mom who is feeling sad after dropping her daughter off at college across the country. Make sure now that you realize how quickly time flies to not only try and enjoy as MANY moments big and small as you cAn, make sure to schedule extra time together when possible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I was glad for new phases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I think this is normal.  Just remind yourself that time goes fast and enjoy today instead of wishing for yesterday.  She will be grown and off to college before you know it.

MrsBLB
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Cherish each moment.  Don't look back with regrets.  Hugs to you.  :)

MammaPK
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Before I bless you with my great mom knowledge (right), let me ask you one question.  Is beating your head against that wall helping...you or your daughter?

Okay, so...I did the opposite.  I tried to capture every moment. I did best with the first one ~ now 22!

But, guess what!  It didn't slow time (obviously).  Life is a balance ~ especially parenting!  Where we lack in one area, we excel in another.

I will share a secret with you: I have 5 kids and my youngest daughter, #3 in my baby chain, fusses because she can't find many baby pics!  Ooops!  My camera broke around that time and, well, you know....  anyway I take lots of pictures of her now!  LOL!  She's 13 and I just tell her she's cuter now!!!

Hey, live, learn, pray and have that glass of wine - one a day keeps the dr away!

Luck and Luv 2 U!hugs

~Phyllis

Note: All my advice comes from experience (aka my past mistakes)...hmmm....

P.S. After all that, I must suggest that you wished away the wrong years.  She just turned into a teenager! ~JK

elkmomma
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Hardest thing we'll ever do as parents....letting them grow up.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:17 AM

sometimes...it is normal to feel this way.

Just remember life is too short to be feeling like this too frequently!!hugs

BelleVernonGirl
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I know the feeling!  I couldn't wait till they were older, now the oldest is looking at colleges (it's her senior year) and she wants to stay away in the dorms...

What do I do without her?

sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN