Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do with...

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

As I said yesterday, we cleaned out my sons room to convert. I am going through the clothes he left here. While some are keepers and some are definitely trash, what about all those school t-shirts. You know the band, football, soccer, whatever activity they are involved in t'-shirts. 

They will never wear them again, but it seems kind of wrong to toss them when they were so much a part of their wardrobe in school. 

Silly dilemma, I know, but would you toss out the high school mascot/activity shirts or keep them? 

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moobahlalala
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Make a memory quilt. That's probably easier said than done since my sewing skills are moot.
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I am making a quilt out of my DD's and a few pillows. I am making it a twin so she can use it for college and maybe in a spare room in her home when she gets one someday.

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I like the quilt idea and I framed some of mine

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Quoting moobahlalala:

Make a memory quilt. That's probably easier said than done since my sewing skills are moot.

This is what I was going to suggest too :)

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I have saved them with plans on having a memory quilt made.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Yeah I have saved them along with their soccer jerseys ect. Plan to have a memory quilt made (I won't do it) for my DS and will prob do same for my dd. maybe just my dd since boys, well my DS at least wouldn't appreciate as much as his sister
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I tossed them or donated them if they do not want them. Even out of hs they still wear their tennis hoodies, lol. Club tee shirts, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Plan on making a memorie quilt.

Reina13
by Reina on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I really like the idea of a memory quilt for the shirts.

The jerseys have all been shadowboxed and hung.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM

DONATE!

I hate clutter.  If your not wearing it there is no need to keep it.  But there are plenty of people out there who have nothing... Im sure they would love a slightly used t-shirt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)