Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Am i the only one?!

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

My teen sons 13, 14 are driving me crazy! I think they are tag teaming and think its funny to see how long it will take them to make me crazy. I have 4 kids the other 2 are 23 and 18 and they did not give me this much trouble! I'm soooo tired of arguing and they know this which makes it worse because they just go and go and go until i give in which i know is not helping and thats why they keep acting up but honestly im soo tired and just can't take the arguing anymore.

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Give them chores to do to keep them busy the more they argue the more they do.  Take away anything they enjoy and make them earn them back by getting along each time they argue the time starts over.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I agree with nana, but also can sugget that you ignore them unless there's blood.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Sounds like you need to stand up to them now, before all heck breaks loose. They are manipulating you. It is worse because you know they are
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I agree with the other posters, if they have the energy to argue then they have the energy to do extra chores.

moobahlalala
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM
What they said... And you need a spa day. ;)
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the others...  work chores.       It takes two to argue.  Don't play into it.   State your stance on the subject and declare it closed.   Do not utter another word.   Let them argue with themselves.

vlynn.iowa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I once told my daughters "fine! if you think you know everything than you are now in charge." Left them with a list of things that needed doing (mostly stuff that they needed done NOW) and locked myself in my bedroom with a book for an hour.  Needless to say they thought twice about pushing me that far again.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Sounds like you need to stand your ground. Being tired isn't an excuse, you want peace and quite (within reason when talking about teens) then you need buckle down and let them know that you aren't playing their games.
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM

hugsjust remember, it is at this age that they need more structure than ever!!!

BelleVernonGirl
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM

THIS I have twins and they did this shit to me...fight until I gave in.  I just started ignoring them and they hated it!

Good Luck!

Quoting gdiamante:

I agree with nana, but also can sugget that you ignore them unless there's blood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN