Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

sent her to the mid-west so she could have a NY accent

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 15 Replies

Well my oldest is all moved into her dorm in the mid-west and every girl she has befriended is from NY or NJ.  LoL... It will be funny when she comes back for Thanksgiving with an accent.  She has already been to a kiddush dinner and she is Catholic!  By the end of this term I think she may be an honorary jew...LoL.

She has been impressed with the mid-west boys' manners!  She can not believe how well mannered the majority of mid-west boys are.... but HATES their choice of music.  And I have to agree that the music is god awful!

It will be fun to see what other things she finds interesting and new.... or simply different.  She said she was "over so. cal" so here is her chance to see a different life and meet new people.

Im thrilled that she chose to leave the comfort of what she knows and grow as a person.... Im so flip'n proud that she has that in her!

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I love it. This coming from a born and bred Hoosier!!. Dh and I both are.
My dd is in Ohio and we lived in Ohio before, so she fits in with all the Buckeyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I think she will come back a bit more new york than hoosier.  But she insists on buying those god awful red and white stripped pants - LOL!

She is loving the school (after only a week).

Im just curious how many kids she will be bringing home next summer.  My guess is that the idea of a trip to so. cal. might be fun for the mid-westerners.

Quoting atlmom2:

My dd is in Ohio and we lived in Ohio before, so she fits in with all the Buckeyes.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM
My dd didn't have anyone visit. Neighbor girl did and she visited friends. We did go to Indy for Memorial Day weekend and dd saw a friend from college that lives there.
I love SO Cal to visit!! Have relatives there.

Quoting sahlady:

I think she will come back a bit more new york than hoosier.  But she insists on buying those god awful red and white stripped pants - LOL!

Im just curious how many kids she will be bringing home next summer.  My guess is that the idea of a trip to so. cal. might be fun for the mid-westerners.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I figured that some would want to visit since it is just an airline ticket and some spending money.  They would have a place to stay, transportation, and meals.

Where is your family?  Did we already talk about this?

Quoting atlmom2:

My dd didn't have anyone visit. Neighbor girl did and she visited friends. We did go to Indy for Memorial Day weekend and dd saw a friend from college that lives there.

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Dh and I are originally from the south side of Indianapolis.
We live in the Milwaukee area now.

Quoting sahlady:

I figured that some would want to visit since it is just an airline ticket and some spending money.  They would have a place to stay, transportation, and meals.

Where is your family?  Did we already talk about this?

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting sahlady:

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

you said you had family in so. cal.... where in so. cal?

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
My uncle was in the Marines over 20 years. LA area, then now San Bernadino area. Uncle passed away. Cousins and aunt still there.

Quoting sahlady:

you said you had family in so. cal.... where in so. cal?

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmother5946
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM
My dd (14) is already looking at colleges. Most are on the east coast, one is in Chicago. We live in Hawaii. I told her if she goes to school on the east coast that I'm moving to Kentucky.
I've got a few years to worry about it though. Lol.
TonyaR
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM

That is awesome!

wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Sounds like she's adjusting well and having fun : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN