Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Homecoming... what will your DS be wearing?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 15 Replies

DS said to me yesterday "BTW mom, homecoming. I need blue. Light blue at that." I'm guessing he wants to go shopping. LOL

Is just a dress shirt & slacks acceptable now? I remember my ex bf dressing up in suit & tie. I serious doubt my son will be doing that! LOL

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Here dress slacks, dress shirt, and tie are required. I think it varies by school and area, though.
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Quoting fammatthews4:

Here dress slacks, dress shirt, and tie are required. I think it varies by school and area, though.

Here also though some of the upper class men add a blazer...stylin ...lol

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM

When I went to school it was formal, but for my kids it was very informal. Like jeans and t-shirts.

CampClan
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Well I know it's not informal- his GF is already talking about getting a dress that goes above her knees & wants his opinion on if it should be tight or loose fitting. He's looking at me with the deer in the headlights look! Good thing she is texting this info to him! I think she would punch him if she was standing here! LOL

Quoting luckysevenwow:

When I went to school it was formal, but for my kids it was very informal. Like jeans and t-shirts.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

The dress code here is dress shirt, slacks, tie, nice shoes (not sneakers). And for girls, no dresses less than three inches above the knee but formals are not needed.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Here for boys and was for my DS a few years ago dress shirt, slacks. My DD is more expensive lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM

That's funny ours was the opposite. When I was a kid it was in the gym and we all wore jeans or skirts, nothing fancy, no dinner. Now they have it in a hall with dinner and very fancy. 

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Here Homecoming would be the equivalent of cocktail attire. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Slacks, dress shirt and tie for homecoming.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM
:poop:

Quoting CampClan:

DS said to me yesterday "BTW mom, homecoming. I need blue. Light blue at that." I'm guessing he wants to go shopping. LOL

Is just a dress shirt & slacks acceptable now? I remember my ex bf dressing up in suit & tie. I serious doubt my son will be doing that! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)