Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Will you marry me!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

My dd was texting her boyfriend yesterday.  We were all kinda very busy because i am redoing my living room and we got the new couches yesterday.  She got busy and handed her phone to her dad to hold.  She left her text msgs with the boy open when she handed it to him.  He looks down at the phone and reads from her to him

I'm like, madly in love with you. I want to marry you and have kids with you and grow old with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. 

His response was  I love that idea

so she then said  Do you want to marry me one day?

lol I know its normal for her to think she's in love forever and such at her age but the look on dh's face was priceless.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I laugh when kids act like it is forever.  My oldest thought so too her senior year.  Of course a few months after she graduated he broke up with her.  I tell her now we knew from the get go is was not forever.  She is 22 now and hope it is with the guy she has now. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Gotta love young love!  

Niccalyn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Just try to convince her it's not a good idea to get too serious.  My daughter, also 16, made that mistake with her last boyfriend.  They had similar types of conversations, over text and in person.  She got way too serious about him and ended up completely devastated when he suddenly broke up with her out of the blue after 6 months.  I told her so many times that the odds of a teen romance lasting into adulthood were almost non-existent, but it didn't stop her from falling head over heels and going way too far...she's in counseling now trying to deal with it.  Sometimes, young love sucks!!!

jojo_star
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM
It could happen, I was 18 when I met and married my husband, he was my first boyfriend. Chances are, it won't though, so just be there if it doesn't work out.
PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM

good old puppy love

Msgme
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I was 16 when dh and I met and moved in together.  Here we are 22 years later.  Whenever I attempt to poiint out that the likely hood of them staying together forver she just say well look at you and daddy.  lol

Quoting jojo_star:

It could happen, I was 18 when I met and married my husband, he was my first boyfriend. Chances are, it won't though, so just be there if it doesn't work out.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Aww, cute!

v2011
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha....and then dad's hair turns gray....

JackandJayne
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Lol MY hair would be turning gray reading that! It's so frustrating watching them knowing what we know now and wanting them to be 'selfish' first for a bit as a young adult before they start planting roots and planning a life with someone else. And my second thought would be that I needed to have a chat with my daughter regarding her game. Lol

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Wow!! at least you and your husband can be proud to say YOU TWO RAISED HER WELL!!!!

she knows what she wants.....time will help her to know if he is the one!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)