Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Any new to high school moms?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 26 Replies

My sister is a nervous wreck today. Her oldest son is a sophomore and her baby is a freshman. He was a micropreemie when he was born (1lb 9oz) and in the hospital for months. He was touch and go so many times but now 14 years later, he is almost 6 feet tall. plays football and is perfectly healthy. And yet she is having all kinds of anxiety because her 'baby' (who she still sees as that micropreemie) is starting high school...lol

I have to admit when my sons started high school I was nervous for them too.

Did you get nervous when your kids started high school?

Any freshman moms here who are nervous about high school?

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I was not nervous and we moved states a week before oldest dd started hs. I was excited and so was she. I am not an anxiety type person though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I am a first time high school mom. My oldest son started high school today, my youngest started kindergarten. I was happy/excited for all my boys, not nervous.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM

My daughter is a sophomore this year and I did not get nervous when she became a freshman. My son will be a freshman school year 2014-15 and I probably won't be nervous then either.

I have a preemie who is now currently in the hospital so I have a feeling that I am going to be like that  when he starts going through his milestones, lol.

I think it is amazing that he is now 6ft.

Northwest_angel
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I am not anxious, but jam excited for my dd to start high school this week. She is my oldest so this will be a new step for both of us.
wakymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:16 PM

*raises hand and waves it wildly*

Ds1 is a freshman and I'm worried. Not so much about the social aspect, although I am a little bit; it's more his history of lying about homework, whether it was given, done, computer messed it up, etc. That always bites him in the butt, but it will really affect things negatively now that he's in h.s. He still hasn't gotten it through that head of his that he HAS to brush his teeth well ALL THE TIME, not just a few times, so I'm really concerned about his getting the whole "9th gr grades affect college choices" thing. . .

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I wasn't nervous, but I work at the high school in my kids district so that is probably why.

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM
My sons a Senior and I'm more anxious now than when he started high school. This is an important year. He's preparing for college and becoming an adult.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I was okay when my now 22 and 19 yr olds started high school. I think because they were at a separate campus ( 9th grade center) from the actual high school when they started. My real anxiety was when my 22 year was a freshmen and suited up with the varsity soccer team. He was bused to the main campus for Athletics (last class of the day) and I imagined all these awful hazing scenarios in my head. Obviously I watch too much TV..lol

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Not really.  I wasn't really nervous at all.  But in her situation, I might be.

Tieia
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM

My son is a junior, my daughter a freshman. Yes, I have a little hesitation about throwing her to the wolves, but I'd like to think I've prepared her for it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)