Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

food ideas/suggestions

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 18 Replies
Hello ladies! Gosh I haven't posted anything in a long time! Well here it goes!

My eldest is getting all four of her wisdom teeth pulled this Thursday. Has anyone had theirs pulled? What can I and she expect? How long were you out from school, work, etc.?
Most importantly can you give me some soft food ideas/suggestions for her to eat besides soup?

Thanks Ladies i appreciate the help. :)
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Thursday is a great day even if it wasn't Labor day.It gives her four days for the price of two school days.

Luke warm mashed potatoes ,mine liked them mixed with a little gravy ,broth to amp the flavor and make them a little thinner.I also made chicken and dumplings with lots of extra broth -soupy stuff.Put some minced cooked chicken in the blender with the broth and pureed the heck out of it till it went down smooth.We ate the rest for dinner.

My oldest tripped and fell in a parking lot and had through and through cut under his lip.He was put on the same type diet as wisdom teeth but for eight days.So hungry 18 yo boy.Stouffers makes a corn and a spinach frozen souffle.I would cook them in the micro ,then add a little skim milk and blend.They were pretty tasty and added variation.I became the blender queen ,it helped when they had their wisdom teeth out later ...haha

Good luck ,hope recovery is very quick.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM

mashed potatoes, yogurt (especially if antibiotics are perscribed), soups (but not too hot), Jello, pudding, that's all I'm coming up with right away.  I think getting them out Thursday she should be able to be back at school by Monday.  OOPs forgot about Monday being Labor Day, yep she should be good to go by Tuesday.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out.  I had all four done at once but unfortunately got dry socket in two of them.  Had me out of college classes for a week.  I ate mainly cottage cheese with soft canned fruit, manicoti (I had an Italian Mom), mashed potatoes, protein shakes, milk shakes, yogurt, soups and oatmeal.

smenjivar
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Her boss scheduled her to work Saturday. Is that to soon to go back?
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quoting smenjivar:

What does she do ? Mine would have been miserable but if they had to maybe they could have.Check with her oral surgeon today.

I had mine out late ,25 y.o...they didn't bother me then....wow bad...but for me 48 hours later I was great.I was friends with my husband in h.s. ,his teeth ,most of my friends ,my kids  and their friends all took a full 3 or 4 days till they were good.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM
It would depend on whether she was still on the strong pain pills I would think. I think everyone is different. I had mine out just over a year ago at age 41 and no I wouldn't have been able to work two days later.

Quoting smenjivar:

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Both my sons have had theirs extracted, and I did when I was 19.   I went to work the next day!   Big Mistake.   I swelled up like a chipmunk and couldn't even speak... my boss sent me home.    My sons were advised to lie low for several days.   No heavy lifting, etc.

Food ideas:  Mashed potatoes, yogurt, pudding, jello, soup, cream of wheat, scrambled eggs, smoothies, milkshakes (no straws), Ensure drinks.   Nothing sharp.

smenjivar
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM
My daughter is 16 and works at GREAT American Cookie in the Mall. Talking is a must for her. I'll just have to call in for her then.

Quoting drfink:

Quoting smenjivar:

What does she do ? Mine would have been miserable but if they had to maybe they could have.Check with her oral surgeon today.

I had mine out late ,25 y.o...they didn't bother me then....wow bad...but for me 48 hours later I was great.I was friends with my husband in h.s. ,his teeth ,most of my friends ,my kids  and their friends all took a full 3 or 4 days till they were good.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM

pudding, pastas, soups, yogurt, ice cream, some fruits, smoothies, mashed potatoes

MonicaP76
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Sorry I wouldn't be any help with this.. They actually had to break my jaw to get my top two out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN