Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second day of school and already my nephew..

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 17 Replies

It is the second day of school and already my nephew (who I posted about yesterday) lost his student ID. He THINKS left it in the locker room after football practice yesterday, but this morning when he couldn't find it, he had to pay $5 for a new one. My sister said it is going to be an expensive year..lol

Does your teens school require them to wear student ID's? Do they have to be visable at all times? 

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k1kelley
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Nope-they only get them if they order school pictures here. My DS is a senior this year and last year he didn't even have pics taken.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Do not have to be visable. Need them for the library. Your activities pass is on your id to get into games also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM

My 10th and 8th grade DDs have photo ids that they are required to wear and have visable at all times.  If they lose them it's $3 I think for a replacement.  My middle DD lost her's I think 3 times last year lol.  I paid the first time and she was required to use her money the other two times.  She is a bit scattered and unorganized and I am working on her about it. 

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Mine do.Replacements are $5.They can get them two weeks before school starts.I just get two for each of them to start.After that it is up to them .So at the start of school on the id issue is theirs .The two seem to take care of the problem because the "lost " id seems to float up after a couple of days.The open campus id for juniors and seniors is a vivid yellow color and has a scan bar on the back.It is $20 to replace .Lose the replacement and no more open campus id till the next year.Open campus students have both ids.The scan bar makes it easy for a dean to check to see if a student has temporarily lost off campus privileges.They don't scan everyone but they seem to have an idea who may have lost privileges.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM
They didn't need to have them visible at all times. They did need to have them to check out books at the library and had to show them as seniors for early realese and early lunch.
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Read your other post bout your sister being concerned.This should relieve her a little bit , he is doing what most ninth grade boys do very quickly..."misplace" the id in the first week or two .Three boys and their friends and every single one did this LOL

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM

They had to carry them, but they did not have to be visible

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Sounds like my 14 year old

squeekers
anyone in BC Canada? Hope you're ok after that 6.6 quake: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usb000px6r#summary
Today at 12:24 AM
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM

psh, no way. the kids in high school get their student ID's and really only have to show them for getting into sports games. almost the whole year DD's card was magneted to our fridg.

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM
They have to be visible and they can get detention and suspension for not doing so. Their Ids are their library card and lunch card. $5 replacement fee.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)