Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teen Care club

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:06 AM
  • 11 Replies
My dd got called out of class the other day to go to Teen Care. It seems that someone gave her name to them as possibly needing assistance because of drug or alcohol abuse!
They had her look at a page with pictures of different drugs. She was supposed to identify the ones she knew. She gave it
back and told them she didn't use drugs so she couldn't tell them. Also that she had no intention of ever using drugs.
Then they asked if she ever planned on drinking alcohol. She said she couldn't say she would never drink because she was someday going to turn 21.
She's aggravated because she has no clue who gave her name out.
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Why aggravated? She isn't doing drugs, she should be happy that her school has such an approach to it, and leave it at that.
proudmother5946
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Because she doesn't know who or why someone would give out her name. Is it a student trying to cause trouble or just a mistake? They wanted her phone number and address too.
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Sounds like an awesome club to me. Way too many kids do drink and do drugs. If you know someone is on drugs or alcohol at school, you turn them in and the school gives you $50. My dd did that once. It is all anonymous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a good program. I understand your DD being frustrated at being called down for this program. Help her realize that it may have been a mistake but maybe she learned something from it. Help her find the positive in the situation.
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this

While the idea of this club sounds like a positive thing my only concern would be kids turning names of others just to mess with them or thinking they could get them in trouble.  I can honestly say that if it were my ODD she would probably be upset too.  She holds herself to a farily high standard and has literally never been in trouble in school (she is in 10th grade this year).  She is a honor student too and if she was pulled from class because some other student said she was doing something she wasn't and they started questioning her she would probably get a bit pissed. 

MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I agree.  

Quoting fammatthews4:

Sounds like a good program. I understand your DD being frustrated at being called down for this program. Help her realize that it may have been a mistake but maybe she learned something from it. Help her find the positive in the situation.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM

To be honest although I know my ODD would be upset too, I would probably do this exact same thing.

Quoting fammatthews4:

proudmother5946
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Exactly. Now she's wondering which of her friends maybe isn't really a friend? Did she offend someone and this is how they got back at her? She doesn't want to be labeled as having a "problem".
Yes, it's good that they have this program. There are kids that need it. In her middle school they caught a kid doing and selling drugs. He got put in PM school. He started school after lunch and couldn't participate in extra curricular activities.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

While the idea of this club sounds like a positive thing my only concern would be kids turning names of others just to mess with them or thinking they could get them in trouble.  I can honestly say that if it were my ODD she would probably be upset too.  She holds herself to a farily high standard and has literally never been in trouble in school (she is in 10th grade this year).  She is a honor student too and if she was pulled from class because some other student said she was doing something she wasn't and they started questioning her she would probably get a bit pissed. 

JackandJayne
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM

It's someone close to her. And obviously if she's not doing drugs, this person was not doing it out of 'kindness of heart'. Someone is jealous of her or she has offended someone, but im really leaning towards jealousy. whoever it was, clearly has no life. Get her refocused on grades. High school is almost over, then she'll REALLY get going in life and make new friends in college. Keep reminding her of that ; )

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

More then likely it's a prank. Tell her to laugh it off and move on. It's really not that big of a deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)