Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

so upset with dau tatoo!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM
  • 5 Replies

She is  18 I know her body all that stuff her $ but I hurt she went with a friend and both got a cross on there hand not to0 big but wish  she would have told me first would not have minded and would have ask to put it on wrist or ankle or arm why her hand? Now she is off to college and I am wondering if she will get more. Tied to tell her it what people will see in an interview first ect. Kids dont think things threw.

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Over 18 its hard when we think they make mistakes. Doesn't sound like it is anything that will make an interviewer not hire her. Well, as long as she doesn't get a lot more visable ones and larger ones. My dd got 2. At least they on the tops of her feet. She can easily hide them with pants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I understand your readons for being upset. Maybe next time she is home talk to her about why you would have preferred he to have the tatoo somewhere else.
PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Yeah I know the feeling, I was very strict about them and as soon as my son turned 19 he did the samething but at 21 he hasn't gotten anymore. He told me shortly afterward he wishes he never got one.

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD has 4 all which sh can hide easily. Too the point it was 2/3rds the way throught he Lax season when the team and the girls all went out to a club and she wore a dress that showed 2 of them. They were surprised she had tatoos and she told them she 2 more hidden as well.   Todays 20 somethings look at it as art and see nothing abnormal about inking thier bodies. As long as it is tasteful and/or easily covered I wouldn't worry about it.

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I understand the hand part but it being a cross it isn't as bad as some things you see and hopefully won't cause any problems in her future.

I know when I see a tatoo what it is seems more important than where

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)