Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you like your teens gf/bf?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

I really like the girlfriend of son #2. I don't like the girlfirend of son #1. Problem is, it is pretty serious and I can see it lasting the long haul.

I know that it isnt my decision, I know that he is happy and that is all I really want for him. BUT I just don't like her and I don't want that to effect my relationship with my son. 

Advice?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Don't worry. Most teen relationships do not last. Go with the flow for now. What does she do you don't like??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My younger teen DD isn't old enough to date yet.  My older DD has a bf and to be honest my Dh and I like him very much.  He is very mature and responible and has set goals for himself.  He can also hold an intelligent conversation.  As far as advice unless the relationship is unhealthy for him there really isn't much you can do.  Just be careful not to "bad mouth" her in front of him.  That tends to push them that much harder towards the person you don't care for much.

alisheamonet33
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

my teen is 14 and not yet old enough to date !

jojo_star
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I have a 17 year old boy with a girlfriend, I love her, she's really awesome and such a sweet girl. My 15 year old son has a boyfriend, he's a nice guy. If you don't think it'll last, then don't worry about it.
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I was told as a mother of teenagers we need to say "I RAISED YOU TO BE SELECTED ON WHO YOU DATE"  Therefore, your choice will be respected!!!!!

hugs

stephs5isenough
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I understand.  I REALLY did not care for my older sons last girlfriend at all (for a variety of reasons).  I was very concerned about that and though I felt badly for my son, I was very happy it was over when they broke up.  

My daughter is dating a guy (excue me~I found out that's not what they call it now.  They are "a thing" and everyone elst just knows it and knows that each of them is off limits).  I really like him.  He is very respectable to her and to us.  He carries her bag, gets her lunch tray, and sometimes asks my husbands permission before asking her to do something.  He is pretty crazy about her.  Anyway, so far we are very impressed with him. 

Click my tag to follow me to:

LIVING IN THE ARMS OF JESUS~

Where we Pray, Play and Learn Together

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I did NOT like my junior's gf last year.At first I did but she was pure, never ending drama ,feeling controlled because my son didn't want to do mollies with her and thought she shouldn't.She yelled this in front of my house at 2:30 am on a Thurs morn on a school day w/ her new bf . My son had ...idiot ...came down and into our front yard when she called.I called her mom and told her to come get her daughter or my husband would take her home or we would call the off duty cops that are our patrol.The next time  a girl says that I'm the first bf's mom that ever liked her I am taking my son into hiding...lol...She wore out her welcome with him all on her own ,not as quickly as I would have liked but it was slow an steady.When we pushed he just defended her but I learned to ask if she was a boy would it be proper for his sister to be treated ,talked to ,talk to us etc that way .I would just drop it after I said that.I think it slowly helped.

I do like this current gf.In my head I compare constantly ,she is a nice normal non drama girl ...so far...keeping my fingers crossed .

drfink
by Emily on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM

My daughter has been dating her bf since her senior year in high school.We like him very much...bless his heart he is an only child and adjusted to our zoo very well.He also didn't laugh out loud at her brothers...the first time he came over they were 12 and 11 ,beginning to get dating dynamics...they kind of checked him out and tried to act a little like watch out she is our sister ....lol...he is 6ft 7 they hadn't started their growth spurt yet LOL.

Fortunately our oldest has only dated two PITA drama queens.They were after he was an independent adult.We said how we felt ,crossed our fingers and waited.He is engagaged now to someone; we were hoping she would be the one.We like her very much.

disneymom2two
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I like my son's girlfriend.  She's smart, athletic and nice.  She doesn't dress like a skank at the dances (I was shocked when I saw how some of the girls dress) and she's nice to my 7 year old.  My daughter's not a teen yet and too young to date so my son's all I have to go by so far.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Yep my DS has dated same girl since his junior year on HS and they are now going to be juniors in college so thank goodness we love her. She is like one of our family, calls me mom, ect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)