Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I guess it had to happen sometime (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 10 Replies
My 14 year old son just shaved his mustache for the first time.

He's had the 'stache' for almost a year but was always horribly embarrassed if anyone mentioned it. But I mentioned it in passing again yesterday & he said he wanted it gone.

So, DH went shopping & got him his own supplies & helped him out today.

Sheesh. Starting high school, shaving, taller than almost everyone in the family (my dad still has 1/2 inch on him)...Where did my little boy go?
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL My 15 yo just started shaving a couple months ago. he only has to shave about every 2 - 3 weeks.

I went and bought him the suppliesand DH gave him a shaving lesson. I snuck in and took a pic nad pasted it on DS's FB page..LMAO ...he was MORTIFIED and proud at the same time :)

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM

We just handed them a razor and some shaving creme and told them to have at it lol

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I think my 14 year old is going to shave too, before school starts on Sept. 4th. Time sure flies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Same thing here with my DS

Quoting luckysevenwow:

We just handed them a razor and some shaving creme and told them to have at it lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by Missi on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Same here  :)

Quoting luckysevenwow:

02nana07
by Ida on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

My youngest needed to shave before the oldest but it didn't bother him.  You are right they grow up fast

disastermind
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM

My oldest wanted to shave as soon as he saw one hair pop up on his face! lol. I let him. Now it's really coming in, he's 15. They grow up way too fast!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I remember that feeling!    My oldest was 16 when he got his first part time job. The company required all employees to be clean shaven.... so he had to shave his peach fuzz.   I was heartbroken!      I remember walking along with my guys and realizing I felt like I was surrounded by trees!  I had to tell them to move over so I could see daylight.    It sure is nice that I no longer need a step stool to reach things when they are home!

the3Rs
by Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to admit that is a big benefit...though I think he's tired of getting things from the top shelf of my cupboards for me, LOL.

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I remember that feeling!    My oldest was 16 when he got his first part time job. The company required all employees to be clean shaven.... so he had to shave his peach fuzz.   I was heartbroken!      I remember walking along with my guys and realizing I felt like I was surrounded by trees!  I had to tell them to move over so I could see daylight.    It sure is nice that I no longer need a step stool to reach things when they are home!

worriedmom606
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:29 PM

My 13 year old DS just shaved for the frst time a few weeks ago.  He went to his dad and told him he wanted to shave before school started. DH just got him a blade and let him have at it.  He did at least come get me so I could snap a shot.  DS has vey dark hair and has had a peach fuzz stash for over a year.  He said they other kids last year told him he needed to shave.  He finally decided on his own he was ready.  Proud of him and how he has grown, but sad to see it too!  I'm right there with you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)