Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Advice Needed: Hi all I am having constant problems with my recently...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi all, I am having constant problems with my recently turned 13 Step- Daughter. but I consider her as my own. Over, the last year, she has gone in a full 360. She had a phone, but we took it back twice due to sexting/videos she's sent to boys. Please help, do you have the same issues? THX

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
3 moms liked this

I would take the phone away indefinitely for now.  Tell her until she can begin to make good choices and show more maturity and resposibility you can't trust her.  Once she can consistently follow the rules of the house and behave how you and your Dh want her too only then will you consider allowing her to have a phone.  And by consistently I don't mean a few days or weeks but months.  I don't have this issue with my two teen DD but they were told when they got their phones that we can and will be checking them from time to time to make sure they are using them responsibly.

amonkeymom
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If I caught my daughter (16) sexting, she wouldn't have a phone anymore.  I'd take it away and smash it!  lol

Ely_89
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Thank you so much! I trully apprecite it. :) 

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Haven't had that issue but I agree after 2 times phone gone for good.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM
3 moms liked this

OMG I would flip my shit. She would lose everything. We would talk and most likely do counseling to help her find her self esteem. I would need to know why she felt she had to do this.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Have a conversation with her on what will happen if she does this or that.....

Establish some rules and consequences....good luck!!!

Ely_89
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hi! Yes, exactly what we are doing in the next two weeks. God give me the strength! 

I appreciate your advice :) 

hugging

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

OMG I would flip my shit. She would lose everything. We would talk and most likely do counseling to help her find her self esteem. I would need to know why she felt she had to do this.

1kidmomajm
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Find some stories about sexting that turned out bad and show her. Talk to her about if she is having issues trying to fit in and be cool. Keep the phone away for now. When you are ready to give it back, be sure you look at it everyday. Can you see stuff that is deleted or block the camera.

rosesink
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM

You can buy phones that do not take or send video

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)