Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Graduation poster

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

What do you ladies think of this idea:

Earlier today I was digging through a box of pictures for a specific picture of my 17yo DS & his GF when they were 4 years old. I came across a ton of pictures from over the years. Sadly not so many as the years went by. But I was thinking of making a large board of pictures of DS from when he was little to now to display at graduation. Or maybe a video montage?

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Nice ,I think that would be a good thing to do.We liked the large poster-tri fold.For our parties and the layout we were concerned a video might be distracting.With the tri-fold people could look when they wanted to.

CampClan
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Thanks for the input! I just went through a huge box of photos because I'm not one to have the patience to put them in an album. But am beginning to think I need to now. Still can't find the one picture I swear I have- of DS & his now GF when they were 4 & 5 at our house for DS's 5th birthday. She had bought him a remote control car & we took her out to dinner with us at Bob Evans. They don't remember it but I know it happened & her brother remembers it. I'm trying to prove to them it did happen. I bet he knows it did & has taken the picture from me years ago for this reason alone! LOL

Quoting drfink:

Nice ,I think that would be a good thing to do.We liked the large poster-tri fold.For our parties and the layout we were concerned a video might be distracting.With the tri-fold people could look when they wanted to.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM

good

I think its a great idea!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I think it's a great idea and agree with drfink on using a tri fold board.  I was planning on doing one for my DD but so many things happened near graduation that I didn't end up getting it done.  Starting early is a really good idea.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I ordered one. Will take a pic of the poster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I would ask if that is okay with him before you put much effort into it. Lots of teens (especially boys) would be mortified by such a display. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I made scrapbooks too. I made 3 large ones of my dd's hs years. Took me all 4 years to get them done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I would go with a slide show of the pics.  I went to a graduation party this past summer and the parents of the grad had a slide show playing on tv with pics from when he was a baby through him walking for his diploma. It was pretty cool.

CampClan
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Quoting mumsy2three:

I would go with a slide show of the pics.  I went to a graduation party this past summer and the parents of the grad had a slide show playing on tv with pics from when he was a baby through him walking for his diploma. It was pretty cool.

UGH! That's not something I took into consideration! LOL I was going to have his party a week before graduation. But now I guess not! 

sahlady
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM

GREAT idea!

Our school required on 18 x18 poster for each kid for grad night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN