Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I just admitted my dd into a mental health clinic

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
My dd, jerk of a father has filled her head with such negativity. He calls her fat, ugly, tells her that her boyfriends should be paid well for going out with her and that she is dumb. So now this is how she looks at herself. She started cutting, she attempted suicide. Her depression was spiraling out of control. I took her to the doctor who diagnosed her with depression and prescribed her medication. Her father took her medication and refused to allow her to have it saying that she was just doing this for attention and that there was nothing wrong with her. She went to therapy, the therapist told her father that she was depressed. He still denied it. She started back to school and was being bullied THE FIRST DAY! I contacted the school, they set up a meeting. At the meeting my jerk of and ex (dd father) decided to put on a show of how rude he can be. He stood up threw things and lied, saying that he had no idea she was cutting and that he didn't know there was anything wrong with her. He yelled and stomped his feet like a three year old and stormed out. I talked to my dd that night, and she in no uncertain terms told me that if she had to live with her father or even visit him she would kill herself. That night she asked me to take her to the hospital, I asked why, and she said if daddy doesn't love me then why would anyone else...maybe I should just kill myself. I took her to the hospital! They assessed her and recommended inpatient intensive therapy. She is now on suicide watch in a mental health clinic an hour north of me. I get to speak to her for 10 minutes a day and can only visit her for an hour a day. I feel like I have failed her. I miss her so much and I can't stop crying. All of this, because of the insensitive words of a jerk.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You have not failed your daughter, her father has. You have been there supporting her and helping her to get the help she needs. Is it possible to go back to court and get your ex's custody revoked? (((Hugs))) and best wishes to you and your daughter through this hard time.
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

YOU DID NOT FAIL.

Go back to court, armed with documentation from the therapist and the school. Get the ex's rights 100% revoked. He cannot see this child. EVER AGAIN.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I am so sorry.    I agree with the others....  get documentation and go to court and have her Dad's rights revoked.  

disneymom2two
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I agree with everyone else, You did not fail your daughter; you are working to do what's best for her.  Document everything and head back to court.  

bizzeemom2717
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I Agee with the others but for now one step at a time. Get your dd through the in patient, forget about her assjack father and just listen close to their recommendations and follow up care. Just before she gets out I would call a women's shelter and get the number for legal aid. Explain situation and many times they will not only just tell you but help you with getting a legal retraining order. He cannot be around your dd any longer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Honey, this is not your cross to bear. First of all, you did the right thing by getting her help. That is not failing her. That was no small decision to make. Second, be proud of your daughter that she recognized she needed help and asked for it. You both did the right thing. Finally, do what you have to do to keep that idiot from further damaging your child. Get her doctors involved and take his sorry butt back to court. If she is old enough, you may not even have to do that. She can choose to not go herself. Go on the offensive rather than defensive here. This is not your fault. You did what a loving and responsible mother is supposed to do, support your daughter and get her the help she needs. That takes courage and love. Be there for her every second you are allowed to be. Go to therapy with her. If her father doesnt go, its on him. Concentrate on making your daughter healthy and cut out the influence that is damaging her. Fight for her rather than over her. 

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You did not fail her ..YOU are the one that stepped up and got her help in the first place and now again when helping her be admitted to get the help she needs.You are the one that is trying to help her get her life back .

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I Agee with the others but for now one step at a time. Get your dd through the in patient, forget about her assjack father and just listen close to their recommendations and follow up care. Just before she gets out I would call a women's shelter and get the number for legal aid. Explain situation and many times they will not only just tell you but help you with getting a legal retraining order. He cannot be around your dd any longer

great advice

Nerdzy
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this

the other moms are right, you did not fail her, you saved her life!

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I agree with this.

You did NOT fail her. You've been there for her, and you will continue to be there for her.

HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN