Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: I am mom of a teen and I need a...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am mom of a teen and I need a little
help trying to figure out what to do
about his attitude...my son has anger
issues and I don't know how to handle
him...please could someone give me
some advice
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
luckysevenwow
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
More details would be helpful, and you could try counseling.
bizzeemom2717
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Yep more details please
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM

What type of anger issues?  Does he get violent, or loud?  What triggers them?  Nothing, or getting in trouble, questioned?

JerrysMom2011
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

i have a teen with anger issues, cousouling would be the best (i know i spelled that horribly wrong but i havnt had coffee yet) his anger is coming from somewhere and someone. I let my teen know he is getting out of line, and i demostrate what i mean (cause sometimes teens are hard headed) i suggested to him when he gets angry at me for something to sit down, cover his face and count to ten and breathe in...if he got an attitude with me, i would get one right back to show him he isnt going to bully me..when he realized that i wasnt someone to mess with he started using my suggestion. He will get angry but when he does i take something away that is the most meaningful to him, i make rules for certain things until he adjusts his attiude for a while..so far it works. 

MrsBLB
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM

It's hard to open up sometimes, but what does he get angry about.  Why haven't you started counseling?  

Monsita
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:04 PM

im sorryI know it is difficult to deal with something like this.....someone told meonce, PATIENT AND CONSEQUENCES ARE THE KEY!!!  Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)