Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

S/O: Everyone has an opinion but....

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

Reading through the volleyball uniform post, has me thinking.

Everyone has an opinion on the uniforms, but when it comes to your (general your) child playing sports, how active are you (general you) in the program?

Meaning, it is easy to complain about uniforms, fundraising, practices, cost associated with sports/clubs etc..BUT how involved are you as parents in the sports/club program and the decision making itself?

Are you in the booster club? Do you volunteer your time to the program? Are you a board member or attend voting meetings?

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I did not volunteer with my girls in tennis. No where to volunteer. I would not complain about tennis uniforms either. Different sports have different uniforms. Always been that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I do not attend board meetings, but I am satisfied with how things are run.

I do volunteer.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

When my kids played sports.... I was extremely involved.   My Dh coached for many seasons, and I was team Mom.   I atternded every meeting, volunteered, and organized team events.  

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM

With four I have been very active all the way to very lightly active depending on the year and what else is going on.I ,we, are members of the ABC ...athletic booster club ....a general booster club supporting all sports.I have been an officer a couple of times over the years .There are a lot of excellent members that love being officers .I tend to be more focused on the sports my kids are playing that school year.

This year my husband and I are the "official " hahaha recorders of the CC meets.It helps them learn how to improve their stride.

We are water parents for LAX.A friend and I keep track of stats for LAX during the games...she is the good one ,I'm just her helper.My husband and I are helping re package the tshirts from the fundraiser and return them to be handed out.Easy and done job.

We are lucky we have a very parent involved school.My sister has a very close friend that teaches here ...some call it a school of pushy parents ...lol she's kinda right.She also has said she'll take us pushy parents over some high schools she has taught at before with minimal parent involvement.

sabrtooth1
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

My kids were not involved in sports, but they were with the band.  And YES we were involved.  I was on the board in MS as well as HS, and both dh and I, volunteered, chaperoned, fund-raised, and ...

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

This sounds like me. I am extremely involved as is most of our community. We are so lucky to have so much parental and community involvement with our school.

Quoting drfink:

With four I have been very active all the way to very lightly active depending on the year and what else is going on.I ,we, are members of the ABC ...athletic booster club ....a general booster club supporting all sports.I have been an officer a couple of times over the years .There are a lot of excellent members that love being officers .I tend to be more focused on the sports my kids are playing that school year.

This year my husband and I are the "official " hahaha recorders of the CC meets.It helps them learn how to improve their stride.

We are water parents for LAX.A friend and I keep track of stats for LAX during the games...she is the good one ,I'm just her helper.My husband and I are helping re package the tshirts from the fundraiser and return them to be handed out.Easy and done job.

We are lucky we have a very parent involved school.My sister has a very close friend that teaches here ...some call it a school of pushy parents ...lol she's kinda right.She also has said she'll take us pushy parents over some high schools she has taught at before with minimal parent involvement.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Sounds to me like you're going to step on some people's toes with this post, but I have to agree with you.  It's easy to complain but to actually do something about it, that's a completely different story.

sabrtooth1
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Sounds to me like you're going to step on some people's toes with this post, but I have to agree with you.  It's easy to complain but to actually do something about it, that's a completely different story.

20% of the people do 80% of the work...  But don't they say, "You want something done, ask the busy man."

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:44 AM
I donate to HS booster club for athletics. AlSo help with club volleyball fundraising
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 4, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Oh don't help select or have a problem with uniforms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)