Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Gotta brag

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ds1 is a freshman in h.s. this yr. He decided to join a video game club he learned about at last Fri's club and activities fair. Ok, fine, as long as it doesn't interfer w/ his homework time. First meeting was supposed to be today- he, C, and Z go to find it only to learn the days had been changed. So, they decided to go to C's grandparents' house (only a couple blocks from the school); I'd have been ok w/ that if anyone had bothered to call and tell me. . . (and no, ds1 does not have a cell phone) So I go up to the school looking for him when I hadn't heard from him by 5-5:30 p.m. No sign of him, and was told the club had let out an hr ago. I wasn't panicked yet, b/c I still had a list of friends I could call looking for him. Finally got a call from him after spending 20 mins or so searching- C's mom has picked them up and will bring him home. He also tells me he's decided to drop the club. C's older sister knows some of the kids who are in that club, and the sponsor, and they are apparently not the kind of crowd we would want ds1 around- apparently they just sit around playing video games and smoking pot.

Yes, he got a lecture about calling about any change in plans, but we are so proud of him for deciding on his own to quit the club when he found out about the pot use (and we told him that, too).

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
School activit, and they smoke put?

Sounds strange to me and may be a rumor I wouldn't believe till I saw it with my own eyes.

Glad you found him though!
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Good For Him! good

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Good for him for not wanting that kind of negative influences in his life!
wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I get the impression that the pot is when they get together off campus.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

School activit, and they smoke put?

Sounds strange to me and may be a rumor I wouldn't believe till I saw it with my own eyes.

Glad you found him though!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Good for him~ That's great he doesn't want to be around any of that.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM

LOL.... I totally thought this was a computer programming club that focused on the gaming industry.  Never did I think a school would have a club that is simply a front for sitting around and playing video games - how lame is that?!  Good for your boy to see how ridiculous that would be.

1kidmomajm
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Good for him. But where do the kids smoke pot. Is the club at the school? I had issues trying to reach my son this afternoon. His friend doesnt have a phone at home after school (which is insane), just the moms cell and she works,. My son didnt answer my text on his i touch because he was to busy playing video games. Good for you for pointing out to your son his decision over the other stuff.

Jillysmom
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM

good choice, you should be proud

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Good job I would be proud too '
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hendimom3
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome.. Doesn't it feel great when u realize that ur kids actually listened to u! Be proud of ur son.. It wasn't easy for him to walk away.. Similar thing happened with my kid.. She walked away too and talked to me about it after.. Yah for strong,smart kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)