Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Update: I just admitted my dd into a mental health clinic

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM
  • 13 Replies
First off, thank you all for your kind words and advice. Now, I have spoken to several therapists, 2 doctors and a lawyer, all of whom have advised me to file for sole custody and to have a protection from abuse order filed against her father. She is 13 years old, and seeing her suffering like this is horrible. Her father knows she has been hospitalized, and has not tried to see her or speak to her at all. He hasn't even called me to see how she is. I have talked to her every night, and have been up to the clinic to see her this week, she looks really tired, and asked me about 100 times, "Can I come home?" I wanted so bad to say yes, let's go, but I know that she needs to be there for her safety and to get the help she needs. Thank you all again, hopefully she will get better soon and be able to come home.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad she is getting the help she still needs, and I'm glad you're filing for full custody since it is something she needs. I'm sorry her dad is such an ass. It must be very painful for her.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Quoting Barabell:

Thanks for the update. I'm glad she is getting the help she still needs, and I'm glad you're filing for full custody since it is something she needs. I'm sorry her dad is such an ass. It must be very painful for her.

This!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Thank you for the update.  Hang in there she is getting the help she needs.  I am so glad to hear that you are filing for sole custody.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for the update, it's nice to see how things are turning out.

Good luck with your DD, and all of the legal stuff :)

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Thanks for the update. So glad she has you to support her.Good luck with all that you need to do .

Hope she continues to make progress.

1kidmomajm
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Poor girl. I hope she finds some peace soon.

KW1280
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM
This

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

Poor girl. I hope she finds some peace soon.

ndfan
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM

My heart goes out to you. Been there myself feel free to pm if you want to chat.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:33 AM

hugsYou are a strong MOM....she has your DNA, she will heal.

woodswalker
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks for the update.   I think the protection from abuse order is a good idea as well as sole custudy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN