Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Update: I just admitted my dd into a mental health clinic

Posted by   + Show Post
First off, thank you all for your kind words and advice. Now, I have spoken to several therapists, 2 doctors and a lawyer, all of whom have advised me to file for sole custody and to have a protection from abuse order filed against her father. She is 13 years old, and seeing her suffering like this is horrible. Her father knows she has been hospitalized, and has not tried to see her or speak to her at all. He hasn't even called me to see how she is. I have talked to her every night, and have been up to the clinic to see her this week, she looks really tired, and asked me about 100 times, "Can I come home?" I wanted so bad to say yes, let's go, but I know that she needs to be there for her safety and to get the help she needs. Thank you all again, hopefully she will get better soon and be able to come home.
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Replies (11-13):
mom8-18
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it's been awhile.  But I thought I'd update.  DD is doing much better!  She is in a new school, only has occasional brief meetings with dad.  He hasn't changed.  She was diagnosed highly functioning learning disabled, and was asked to compete in the Special Olympics.  Dad of course told her she was an embarrassment, and we are fighting that battle now, but she has not cut herself since November and has found a group of friends that are wonderful.  She smiles now.  And to me that's all that matters.  Thanks for the supportwoohoo

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:33 AM

(HUGS) Happy she is doing well

tyfry7496
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Awesome news!!!! With a mom like you she will go far.

Quoting mom8-18:

I know it's been awhile.  But I thought I'd update.  DD is doing much better!  She is in a new school, only has occasional brief meetings with dad.  He hasn't changed.  She was diagnosed highly functioning learning disabled, and was asked to compete in the Special Olympics.  Dad of course told her she was an embarrassment, and we are fighting that battle now, but she has not cut herself since November and has found a group of friends that are wonderful.  She smiles now.  And to me that's all that matters.  Thanks for the supportwoohoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)