Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

update in red Pray for my husband

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Ida
  • 46 Replies

I tried to update last night but it wouldn't let me  sorry.

My husband is feeling ok just sore but that could be the meds.  They found another blockage that wasn't there 3 weeks ago so that means he needs to be watched close because this one could get to 70% and need a stent soon since the dr thought it looked ready to stent but when measured it was a little off.  The dr said he wanted to go ahead and stent it but insurance doesn't allow it until it is 70% or more. They have to send the insurance pics with measurements to prove it that is .

After having the heart attack and being in the hospital he went back for his check up yesterday.  The dr got a funny look on her face and said if he were her husband she would be worried and not able to sleep. 

He has a stent and there is a 42% blockage above it now and he is showing all signs of it closing which means his heart will stop they call it the widow maker. 

The last time he was like this showing these signs they said had they not caught it when they did he wouldn't have made it 2 more weeks.

He is back in the hospital this morning to see if they can do anything so please keep in him in your thoughts and prayers today.

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Hugs and prayers going out to you all.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Prayer said. And (((hugs))) for you!

gardensparrow
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Just wanted to hop on here and say I'm praying for your husband and your family! I know it's so hard to worry about our loved ones' health, but I'll be asking that the doctors will figure out how to best help your husband and heal the issues with his heart. Keep us posted on what happens, OK? Blessings!

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I am so sorry....I hope all goes well.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM

You haven't mentioned the word bypass yet. Why haven't they?

Went through this with my dad multiple times. And his blockages were FAR worse than this- in the 80 and 90 percent range! (He died of cancer, not a heart attack. Two triple bypasses, multiple stents.)

Chin up and ask why they aren't talking bypass.

And since you mention a "last time" I suspect you need to change hospitals fast.

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM

THANK YOU

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Hugs and prayers going out to you all.

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM

THANK YOU

Quoting wakymom:

Prayer said. And (((hugs))) for you!

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM

THANK YOU

Quoting gardensparrow:

Just wanted to hop on here and say I'm praying for your husband and your family! I know it's so hard to worry about our loved ones' health, but I'll be asking that the doctors will figure out how to best help your husband and heal the issues with his heart. Keep us posted on what happens, OK? Blessings!

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM

THANK YOU

Quoting Carmel63:

I am so sorry....I hope all goes well.

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

bypass isn't always an option

A widow maker blockage of the left anterior coronary artery has all the signs of a standard heart attack and in fact has the same cause, i.e., myocardial blockage. The distinction is in the severity and location of the blockage.

Treatment

• The only immediate treatment possible when a widow maker heart attack occurs is the insertion of a cardiac stent. This pushes the arterial blockage up against the arterial wall, thereby allowing bloodflow to resume.

Quoting gdiamante:

You haven't mentioned the word bypass yet. Why haven't they?

Went through this with my dad multiple times. And his blockages were FAR worse than this- in the 80 and 90 percent range! (He died of cancer, not a heart attack. Two triple bypasses, multiple stents.)

Chin up and ask why they aren't talking bypass.

And since you mention a "last time" I suspect you need to change hospitals fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN