Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Trying to get my kids to become closer..

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have 16 year old triplets, 2 boys and a girl. The boys are best friends, but my daughter is usually left out, and she always has been. My ex-husband(their father) will come see them, and take the boys fishing, but he hugs and exchanges our daughter a hello. The one thing that usually brings them together to where she isn't left out is that they're football players and she's a cheerleader, when it comes to that they support each other until the end. They don't fight or anything, I guess I just don't want my daughter to feel lonely or anything. I've thought about taking her out for a "girls day" or at least get them to be closer..advice?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this

A girls' day is a GREAT idea. And while it may not seem like it to you, they're likely each others' best advocates and defenders. My brother and I rarely did things togehter as teenagers, but we always had each other's backs.

suesues
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:30 AM

why not take them all out to dinner after the games 

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Small over night trips with the 4 of you, someplace you all would enjoy together. My DS and DD are 5 years apart and then we have a little guy who is a toddler, small vacations force them together in a positive way lol.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM
No different than my brother and I. He is 4 years older. It is just the way things are sometime. Funny when we got older we have more in common because his son and my youngest are the same age, and his dd is a year younger. I suggest you do things with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

If they don't fight and support each others positions for Football, you are way ahead of the game!   I think a girls day is a great idea!     I would also discuss with your ex some activities they would all enjoy....movies, an amusement park, concerts.

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM

maybe they just don't have that much in common you could do the mother daughter day when the boys go fishing with their dad.  And do something everyone like to enjoy time together maybe go watch a football game.

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Does your ex spend any time with your daughter??

SKenzie
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Does your ex spend any time with your daughter??

Not really, no..like I said, he'll give her a hug..tell her he loves her..that's it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)