Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Here's a new one...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 10 Replies
My son is a freshman and has a senior girl crushing on him. Now, he's not interested in girls yet anyway, but this girl is pretty much harassing him every lunch period.

He knows there will be no dating a SENIOR at this point.... In fact. " dating" is to be a group of friends of a mixed gender.

The thing is, he thought in the beginning, she was just messing with him ... Teasing or a dare for some club, but she's irritating him at this point.
She knows his name ( from some other source) but he's made an valiant attempt to ignore her and doesn't know her name.

WTH is this ? A prank? ( he isn't falling for it)
Is she out to deflower my son? Lol

What can I tell him to tell her that will get her to back off?

If this were reversed in gender, it would be considered at least harassment. We all know no one would see it that way when it's girl to boy annoyance?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizzeemom2717
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM
It is sad because def if it was reversed it would be considered harassment. How irritated is your DS? It's important that HE tell this girl to back off. I agree it's weird
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1kidmomajm
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Would he be comfortable going up to her and saying I dont know if you are playing around or serious, but sorry, I am not interested. Maybe that would embarrass her too much. Maybe she will eventually back off if he keeps ignoring her.

mjande4
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Yeh, that's creepy AND harrassment. I would contact his counselor so they can put an end to it.

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Stand your ground, but I would not throw that harassing word around to often, because I do not believe that is the case....That word is overused!

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Well, I didn't say bullying... Far more over used.

I am not marching into his high school demanding some ludicrous thought of making them change his lunch, either.

I just want him to have a retort that will make her cool her heels....actually, I may have come up with it just then. Hahaha!

" Dude! Cool your heels!" and go back to his convo.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Stand your ground, but I would not throw that harassing word around to often, because I do not believe that is the case....That word is overused!

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I like this.

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

Would he be comfortable going up to her and saying I dont know if you are playing around or serious, but sorry, I am not interested. Maybe that would embarrass her too much. Maybe she will eventually back off if he keeps ignoring her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosesink
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM

You need to speak openly with your son.  The reason I am saying this is if you think a boy of his age is not interested in girls his interest may either be something he is not sharing or does not feel he can talk to you about.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:55 AM
He's interested in science. We've had "mini talks " since ten... We go on long drives under the ruse of me getting him something (which I do at the end) with no psp or phone or radio.... And we talk puberty , girls, sex, all of it.

I see who's on his FB ( three girls, one is in Australia, and I introduced them) the list isn't much larger adding his friends, it's filled with pages called Nerdgasm ( scientific puns, archetecture, allusions to si-fi movies.) Console updates, Super Mario, GameStop , MIT, etc

A charge on his phone can last up to three days as little as he uses it :-)

He's pretty open with me. I didn't say he didn't find girls pretty, but he's too shy and pretty overfocused on school ( his choice)

Honestly, at this point, his interest in girls is only as lab partners and girls/ people who did/are taking Latin like him.

Now if suddenly his thumbs start flying and I see a large addition of FB friends ... Guy and girl, that will mean he's coming out of his shell a bit, but he's not hiding anything, and I'm not naive.

Thank you, though

Quoting rosesink:

You need to speak openly with your son.  The reason I am saying this is if you think a boy of his age is not interested in girls his interest may either be something he is not sharing or does not feel he can talk to you about.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:22 AM

This is becoming more popular in the high school my kids go to.  Alot of the senior girls go for the sophmores.  Freshmen are at the jr. high.  Perhaps he should just tell her to go away?

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM
He's trying. I realized what I could tell him the may help in response to another post... Simple, direct, and something a teen would say.

We've talked about it, he said he'd try it.
Either, " dude! Just chill!" Or " Dude, cool your heels ."
( boys call both genders " dude", easier I guess)

Idk, it's ... Odd I guess I'm glad to know that it's sort a " trend" but still confused

New reality show! " Teen Cougars"! Hahahaha!

Quoting fantasticfour: This is becoming more popular in the high school my kids go to.  Alot of the senior girls go for the sophmores.  Freshmen are at the jr. high.  Perhaps he should just tell her to go away?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN