Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Well off to a good year

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 6 Replies

My 2 older kids started sophomore year today.  Looks like its going to be a good year.  My son got 2 honors classes.  Not really sure how he got honors English.  It had to be recommended by his freshman English teacher and that woman must be on drugs if she recommended him but he's determined to do well so that's good.  My dd got the classes she was hoping for.  They gave her Psych  which according to everyone last year they only give that class to seniors but she got it as a sophomore.  Very happy.  She also got journalism as an English class.  she has no lunch period at all but a free period the last part of the day so she can eat then. Auditions for the one show is tomorrow (keeping fingers crossed if she gets a role its in that one)  and then on Wednesday is the auditions for winter musical (she's hoping for that show) First week and already very busy.

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Wow, this is very late to start. My niece teaches HS in Indiana. This is her 4th week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM

They dont get out of school until the very end of June. 

Quoting atlmom2:

Wow, this is very late to start. My niece teaches HS in Indiana. This is her 4th week.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Wow, I thought starting after Labor day was late. We cannot start till Sept. 1 here in Wisconsin. They get out the 2nd week in June. I think it is too late.

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

usually the first day is just after labor day  but then they get 2 days off for the jewish New year. (not even gonna attempt to spell it out)  This year they decided to just wait till after the holiday.

Quoting atlmom2:

Wow, I thought starting after Labor day was late. We cannot start till Sept. 1 here in Wisconsin. They get out the 2nd week in June. I think it is too late.

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting atlmom2:

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Fingers crossed!    Bonus on the classes!   It is always a good start when the students are excited about classes!!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

Our schools started last week, and some start tomorrow.    My son (College) doesn't start until Sept. 30.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN