Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

twin double standard

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: If you have twins 1 is gay and the other is straight would you allow there SO's to spend the night?

Options:

Yes to both

No to both

Yes to the gay teen, no to the straight teen

Yes to the straight teen, no to the gay teen

Holy crap that is a loaded question I am moving on!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

If you had very nearly 18 year old twins and one was gay the other was straight, both are in long term committed relationship. 2 years plus with people you know and LIKE. Would you allow them to have their SO's spend the night.

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Under my roof, any age, no lovers spend the night no matter what.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Nope.

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

No all the way around, sexual orintation has nothing to do with it for me.  As my Dh and I have explained to our older children, they are helping to set an example for the younger ones.  I have a 21yr old step son and if he came to visit with a girl friend they would be in seperate rooms. 

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM
In my mind sexual orientation does not matter. 18 year olds can not have sleepovers with their SO's. period end of discussion. At least that's the way it is in our family.
02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

only if they are married

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Not if they lived with me.    Sexual orientation doesn't matter.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM

No, why would it make a difference if they were gay?

Jessy76
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM
It doesn't to me but I was asked this by a friend of mine and wanted to post the question to see what others think. My friend doesn't understand why we say no to both. She thinks my gay DD should be able to have her GF stay the night because they can't accidently get pregnant and she is a girl and girls have girlfriends stay the night all the time. Her logic seemed very flawed to me and I am just curious if others think like her or more like myself.
Quoting bizzeemom2717:

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

nope ,gender preference is never the issue

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM

interesting idea your friend has but pregnancy would be only one of several points that lead me to say no.

Quoting Jessy76:

It doesn't to me but I was asked this by a friend of mine and wanted to post the question to see what others think. My friend doesn't understand why we say no to both. She thinks my gay DD should be able to have her GF stay the night because they can't accidently get pregnant and she is a girl and girls have girlfriends stay the night all the time. Her logic seemed very flawed to me and I am just curious if others think like her or more like myself.
Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)