Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What type of schedule does your school run?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 20 Replies

My kids have already graduated but I still get emails from the high school (I really need to unsubscribe). The one that went out today, was about an open meeting to discuss possibly changing the school day schedule in the future.

Currently the school runs on a traditional schedule. An A/B block schedule as well as an accelerated schedule are going to be proposed.

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Ours is what they call a four by four schedule. They have 4 classes a day one semester and switch to 4 different classes the next semester.
dandylynes
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Her school has a pretty erratic schedule that rotates every 6 days.  This is what it looks like.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Son is still in middle school. 7 periods a day, and the same schedule every day for the whole quarter. Next quarter's schedule could be very different.
Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Freshmen and Sophmores have a traditional schedule.  Their Jr. and Sr. years if they take dual credit college courses it's more like a college schedule.  Best way I can describe it.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Our's is a traditional schedule.

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM

both traditional and block.

M,T,F....traditional

W,Th ....W =odd periods twice as long, Th = late start with even periods twice as long.

Our h.s. used to decline early dismissals because of late start but with this goof head superintendent all schools have to have the district wide early dismissals.So once every other month ,I think ,it flips...Wed has even periods and early dismissal and Th doesn't have late start and odd periods.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Our school is very different. Partial blocked schedule. Some classes like PE, shop, chemistry, foods, Biology, some business etc are blocked which are 80 minutes 3 days a week one week and 2 days the next. Otherwise most classes are every day for 40 min. There are 10 periods and one is lunch. Some classes are blocked as in a year class in one semester. Those classes might be Geometry and advanced algebra block. That means geometry is 80 min every day for a semester and Advanced algebra is 80 min the next semester for 80 min every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Right now the high school is 1 block 745am to 245pm. They are putting up a vote for school to go 9am to 430pm and have every Friday off for the kids to work or volunteer.

Quoting Reina13:

My kids have already graduated but I still get emails from the high school (I really need to unsubscribe). The one that went out today, was about an open meeting to discuss possibly changing the school day schedule in the future.

Currently the school runs on a traditional schedule. An A/B block schedule as well as an accelerated schedule are going to be proposed.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

They are an A/B block, but only four days a week.

1kidmomajm
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Middle school. 7:40 to 2:40. 7 periods the same everday. A couple classes change the second sememster.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN