Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you remember where you were when

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Ida
  • 69 Replies

you heard the news on september 11th

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:47 PM

I was putting the kids in the car to go to school and my step mom called me to tell me.  The kids were all very little and we never had the radio or tv on in the morning so I knew nothing about it until the towers had fallen.  She knew we wouldnt have the news on and she also knew that my husband was from NY and could possibly know people in danger.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I was just getting kids up my oldest was in 3rd grade and dd was only 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:16 AM
We were stationed in Germany at the time. Had just gotten the kids home from school so the TV wasn't on yet as they were doing homework. My Dad called to tell me what happened and to turn on the TV.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Yes, I was at work. At the time I was a TSS working with a child at an elementary school. The class was on the playground for some swing time (sensory integration) and the school's lead teacher came outside and called the adults over and told us what was happening.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Sitting in be watching Little House on the Prairie on TBS. They broke in finally after the first tower fell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessy76
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Yes I working for a video conference bridging company and we had a conference going on in tower 1. My co-worker yelled for our manager to come look at his screen. He couldn't figure out what was happening with the connection then the news came on in another cubical and we lost the connection to the tower completely. My entire office gathered around to watch the news. We were all in shock half of us crying.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Sleeping in- I had taken the day off b/c it's my b-day. A phone call from my bil woke dh and me; he is NEVER up at that hr, so we knew something major was going on. Turned on the tv in time to see the 2nd plane hit.

herheather79
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I was pregnant with my second child and at work when we saw it on the tv.  I worked for a truckiing company.  It was a sad day.  I have since been to the memorial pools twice and they are just breathtaking.

just_hc
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I remember like it happened yesterday.   It's still very emotional for me.

Maverick1957
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I was working in my home office w/radio on.  Our local radio comedy team kept talking about something and I finally figured out they were serious.  Ran across hall turned on son's TV and saw 2nd plane crash.  

Also remember day JFK was shot.  I was 5 yrs old, at pastor's house sitting in back seat w/his kids about to leave for church when he came out, told us to come back inside.  We watched the news.  Affected me for rest of my childhood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)