Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Saw them kissing!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

So lately my 16 yo DD has been hanging around with her ex boyfriend again. I asked her if they were dating again or if they kissed or anything and she told me, "No, we're just friends, I wouldn't kiss somebody I wasn't dating". Well last night her ex boyfriend and her other friend were over hanging out in the backyard, and when she went to go walk him out, I happened to look out the window to see them kissing. I went out there and said "aw how sweet" to let them know I saw, also to let my daughter know that I know she lied. It's not a big deal to me that she was kissing this boy, I just hate the fact that she lied to me about it. It makes me feel like she has something to hide, and I never know if she's telling the truth. I don't know what to do. Any help, moms?

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this

If you allow her to date - I wouldn't do anything. Honestly I would have never said anything about the kiss - that was really cruel and embarrassing - and kinda manipulative too. She can really kiss whoever she wants. I don't say anything to my eldest about her kisses - she has always come to me (or not - I only know of 2 situations where she's told me who she's kissed. I think you were totally in the wrong and should apologise to her.

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GleekingOut:

If you allow her to date - I wouldn't do anything. Honestly I would have never said anything about the kiss - that was really cruel and embarrassing - and kinda manipulative too. She can really kiss whoever she wants. I don't say anything to my eldest about her kisses - she has always come to me (or not - I only know of 2 situations where she's told me who she's kissed. I think you were totally in the wrong and should apologise to her.

I am with you

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Any chance that they didn't start kissing until you caught them?

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Quoting GleekingOut:

I agree too.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM

did you consider that at the time you asked her they may not have been dating and kissing?  I really wouldn't be jumping to the conclusion that she lied to you without first confronting her and asking her about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN