Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Any kids at Boulder????

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

If so how are they doing?  Staying safe? Dry?  

Our dear friend's daughter got evacuated so they are flying her home.

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM

My daughter is there - in one of the off campus dorms.  They're fine, just no classes.

Why would your friends fly her home?  My understanding is that the college is taking care of all the kids, even those displaced by the storm.

sahlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM

dorm flooded and there was a gas leak so they evacuated that dorm.  Tomorrow is Yom Kippur so if she has no classes and has been evacuated from her dorm she might as well spend the holiday with her family.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

My daughter is there - in one of the off campus dorms.  They're fine, just no classes.

Why would your friends fly her home?  My understanding is that the college is taking care of all the kids, even those displaced by the storm.

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Quoting sahlady:

dorm flooded and there was a gas leak so they evacuated that dorm.  Tomorrow is Yom Kippur so if she has no classes and has been evacuated from her dorm she might as well spend the holiday with her family.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Oh, ok.  Not a holiday for me, and to fly my daughter home is 1400 miles and about $500 round trip. She isn't coming home til Thanksgiving, lol.

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

yea Boulder is getting a major enema!!!! I just hope people actually listen and follow instructions about evacuations and areas to avoid

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM

No and I am glad

bizzeemom2717
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Yes my niece is there. Kids are fine in dorms. School doing a GREAT job making sure all were safe. Lost power for a while yesterday but should be back up today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN