Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's other side

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 17 Replies

My son Kevin has another side to him,a female side of his and been like like this since he was 7 years old.I am open minded and let my son do anything that is not harmful.He is a crossdresser going by Kelsey,I am supportive and would not let my son down in anyway.I do admit that he is happy and discovering his feminine side.Kelsey,his female side is nice and I been getting to know Kelsey too.He lives his life the way he sees it.My husband Charlie,his step dad has been great about it too and also supportive.His bio dad,he is ok about it now and getting used to it.I am trying to get the point to his bio dad that this makes Kevin happy and has a normal life as any teenage boy.I have bought my son clothing and he once in a while borrows something from me.I was raised very well,to love and accept anyone for who they are.I love and accept my son for who he is,he is 16 years old.

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I'm just curious - has he had any counselling at all for it? DD's friend was like that for awhile and then it came out that he actually had Dissodective Identity Disorder (multiple personalities) and that it was nothing to do with his sexuality...Just something for you to check out.

alexisb3
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Saw one,therapist said he is just a crossdresser getting in touch with his female side

Jensep
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Whatever makes him happy! Good for you for being understanding ;)

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Good for you being such a supportive and caring Mom!

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Quoting KarenMarie35:

my son is transgendered or at the very least a crossdresser as well -- he is 12 and has been expressing his gender differences/feminine interests since he was about 7, too. He goes by Emily when he's dressed and he's a really fantastic kid. I have bought him clothes over the years, starting with Halloween costumes, but now it's more "regular" clothes that he wears when he feels like it, and he has been dressing up more often over the last couple of years. He dressed as a bride for Halloween last year -- that's his picture on my profile, he was just adorable! His father is not in the picture so it's just me and Ryan/Emily. You're doing a fantastic job being a supportive mom! I just wanted to let you and Kevin/Kelsey know that you're not alone out there, either with having a child who is different, or being that child... Feel free to contact me here on CM...

Right on! good

alexisb3
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

This makes him happy and I do spend time with Kelsey.I love him a lot and show my support

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Your son is lucky to have you!

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I love how supportive you are of your son. Not all parents are as supportive as you and your husband are being. 

bribren
by Brenda on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Way to be an awesome mom. When we say we love unconditional do we really mean it. Well you do and kudos to you. If you don't make a big deal about it he will feel the love. He will know that you have his back and believe in him/her which makes all the difference on the world.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Do his friends know yet? Just curious my nephew we are very close to didn't come out to friends and family officially until right after high school graduation. Makes me sad he waited and my sis really sad he didn't feel comfortable. We all had a feeling anyway that he was. What do you think makes him comfortable to discuss this with you and esp your husband so openly? Thanks

Quoting alexisb3:

This makes him happy and I do spend time with Kelsey.I love him a lot and show my support

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)