Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My daughter is back in the hospital

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
  • 20 Replies

So here I am in the hospital since Saturday now.  Her enzymes for her pancreas keep going up, she's miserable, tired of being here, in pain and is discovering "new pain scales".  So tired of this.  4 hours of almost constant stabbing to get a specific IV line in.  Sometimes I wonder about the decency of some of the staff here.  But I know I'm frustrated and tired.  Just thought I would let people know why I'm AWOL again.

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:51 AM

When they missed more than once on an IV line I always told them to get the lab to send their best person they can usually get it 1st try and my son and daughter are very hard to get an IV started or get blood from.

They were moving the needle on my son the one time I didn't go and my husband didn't say anything until my son passed out.  As soon as he came to the nurse said can I try again I was on the phone with my other son I gave the nurse a few choice words and my son was then on his way home.

proudmother5946
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:44 AM
If she has small veins, you could ask for someone from pediatrics to try. If they can't get an IV in after two tries, you have the right to ask for another person.
Are they numbing the site first? That can cause the veins to disappear.
Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Sorry to hear your daughter is I'll.  Hope there is improvement soon.

HopesNDreams
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:01 AM
This.
Before they stick her, ask that person what their specific qualifications are to do it. You want someone trained in pediatrics and at least an RN. You have the right to refuse to allow them to continue if they seem like they cannot do it.
Before they try, are they making sure she is well hydrated?

Quoting proudmother5946:

If she has small veins, you could ask for someone from pediatrics to try. If they can't get an IV in after two tries, you have the right to ask for another person.

Are they numbing the site first? That can cause the veins to disappear.
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:41 AM

hugs and prayers to you both.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Oh no! Poor girl. Prayer said that she has a quick recovery this time.

KristenLystly
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM
:(...prayers...
Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I'm so sorry. Prayers for her and your family. Hugs.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Sorry to hear about what is going on with your daughter. It's hard to watch our kids go through but I pray that she gets well soon.

I would definitely be asking is their someone else that can try to get the IV in because that is just crazy and your daughter should not have to go through that.

I hope you are able to get some rest soon.

girlsclubmom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

prayers for quick healing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)