Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Advice Needed: My 15 year old daughter went out and got a...

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 27 Replies

My 15 year old daughter went out and got a tattoo, knowing I warned her not to. Now what? I understand the tattoo has a special meaning, but still at 15? I tried to find out who did it, but no one is telling. I am so hurt and disappointed I can't hide my feelings about this. I feel, she will do what ever she wants to do at this point.

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
herheather79
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM

It is illegal without your consent.  I would try my hardest to find out who did it and go to them.

cheetah90210
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Id make her remove it you can buy the gel and lazier. She would feel really stupid for going behind my back and getting something I told her not to and she also wouldn't be going out with out my supervision for a while shed learn to appreciate the freedom she was getting and not abuse it next time . And give her a list of jobs and things she couldn't do with a tattoo.
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I would be finding out where she got it done, that is illegal.  Did she use a false ID?  If so, the tattoo might be the beginning of your issues with her.

bnix07
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM

From what I've learned it was at a tattoo party. everyone knew her age. but no one will tell who or where it was. she had been saying for a year that she wanted the tattoo of her nephew that passed at 4. but, still, i am to this day embarrassed when someone asks me, "is that a tattoo on the back of her neck?" and i have to answer yes. The thing is, she didn't even have money to pay for it. And it looks like a professional job. I understand her reasons for wanting it, but i had told her that at 18 if she still wanted it that i would take her to a reputable place to get it done. I'm still so hurt and feel so betrayed. And trust me, she is still punished and this happened back in May. I don't trust her at all now. And that's really sad.

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I would not let her out of my sight since she is so irresponsible and can't be trusted

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I would be pissed. I agree with PP. Let her know she has broken trusts and needs to regain that. I would get the tattoo artist in trouble. I despise tattoo's anyway, but so many regret their decisions they should wait really till 25 or 30 because so many decide they were young and stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I would call the cops. It's illegal what the tattooist did. If it is licensed in your area, I would also file a complaint once I had more details, like names and location.
Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM
What state do you live in?
leigh333
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I would be furious and keep trying to find out who did it illegally and press charges. Does she havea permit to drive? I would take it away, plus tell her since I can't trust you she will have to waitto get drivers lisence. That should tell her how serious what she did is wrong.

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM

She would be locked in her room. Sorry just saying if it was my kid they would not be going out without me ever again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN