Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Raising Teen Girls!

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

I'm just trying to survive these teen years and do the very best I can to set examples of being a responsible, respectful human.

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Hello, and welcome to the group! I have a teenage son, and I am trying to do the same.
hobobaby
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM
My teenaged daughter gets mad at me and hides behind her dad who she lives with. She isn't speaking to me at all right now. In fact she's being down right hateful! I wish I could fast forward about five yrs!
Lorena
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I am trying to do the same. I have 3 teenage boys and a girl right behind them.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM

That's about all any of us can do

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Welcome. My girls are 19 and 22. So glad we are almost out of the teenage years. Fun to see the adults they are becoming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Welcome to the group!

As a parent, that's really all you can do, and cross your fingers that they 'get it'.

dutchcanadain
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
i am no longer teen mom but adult mother of 5 kids and two grand kids ages from 33yrs to 20yrs ,4 boys and one girl ,the john,josh and jeff listen well ,nina and nick ,well that other story .what have learned pick your fights was one ,don't back down ,make rules and stick to them ,they will push buttons but yours are bigger ,i have had my kids yell scream at me and curse and each time i have said i will always love no matter what , ever colour of hair has been in our home no big deal it is just hair it will grow back ,they wore black till they got sick of it ,curfew was broken each time but i stood my ground ,you break them you pay for my time ,in my house i am the boss ,door locks at 12 am be home before that or sleeping with the dogs ,my kids always came home at 9pm knowing very well that i will lock the doors ,no if's or butt's in this house i ask you do some thing do it ,pulling teeth they did most of all respect your self and others ,it is not easy but it has work in my home ,even now they have kids of their own they hug me ,wow mom love you ,thanks ,so yes it does get better ,
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Welcome to the group!

I have made it through the teen years with my only dd. I have 2 sons who are quickly approaching their teens. I think they will be more work through the teen years than my dd was.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Welcome to the group! I have a teen daughter age 15 and I hear ya!

bribren
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Welcome to the group. I have two teen's dd18,dd16. Sometimes the hormones make my life fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)