Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

14 year old pregnancy scares

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 31 Replies

The amount of girls my dd goes to school with that are sexually active is disturbing. One of my dd's best friends just turned 15 and has been sleeping with her boyfriend for 5 months. her twin sister for over a year. and the parents are well aware of it. but thats another post.  She also found out that one of her other friends is 5 days late with her period and she's active as well.  Apparently that friend tho is on the pill and used a condom so the chances are smaller but still there.  Plus according to fb the amount of girls in her sophmore class that are sexually active is mind blowing.  When i was in school there were a few girls that were having sex but it was a very small number of girls. Especially when we were 14 and 15.

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM

It is disturbing as hell.  I think part of it is the way it is just accepted and expected teens will have sex.  No one wants to tell their kids no any longer.  Very sad. 

When I was in school the number was pretty low for sure.  Hell, my boyfriend of 3 years never even asked me to have sex at all.  I guess he knew the answer and never asked, lol. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I am totally there with you!  I have two DDs and one is in high school the other jr. high.  The amount of girls sexually active in my younger DDs jr. high is down right distrubing.   My ODD who is almost 16 is in the vast minority of her friends and peers for still being a virgin.  I have continuing converstaions with my DDs about why they need to wait for a physical relationship, have self respect and choosing a partner that has respect for them and the steps they need to take when they do feel like their relationship might progress to a physical level.  I have been discussing these things with them for literally years now.  My YDD is not allowed to date yet (she is 14).  My ODD is about to turn 16 and does have a bf but they are allowed next to no "alone" time.  She is actually going on her first group date with him after the homecoming game this Friday. 

Txlisa7969
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I would like to add I didn't mean to single out girls on their own.  Teens has a whole are starting way to young and being extremely reckless.  My ODD had a classmate in Jr. high that became a "Dad" in 7th grade when he was 13.  I have a young son who is only 7 right now but the rules that apply to my DDs will apply to him too.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM

The middle school that my youngest just started is getting pretty bad as well.  When my son was in 8th grae (15) he got his first girlfriend.  The jaw drop that i experienced when i found out she was pregnant with her 2nd child when they met.  Thankfully that relationship did not last very long. He was totaly fine with the fact that there was no way in hell they were gonna go on  any unsupervised dates.  Turned out to be an in school only thing and she ended up leaving school and they stopped talking.

The stuff that she shows me on FB is really distubing.  The shit that they openly admit to. This one paticular girl admits to giving head to 15 different guys in the past year. I've thought about weeding thru her fb and removing many of them but decided that they give great opportunites to discuss stuff.

Quoting Txlisa7969:

I am totally there with you!  I have two DDs and one is in high school the other jr. high.  The amount of girls sexually active in my younger DDs jr. high is down right distrubing.   My ODD who is almost 16 is in the vast minority of her friends and peers for still being a virgin.  I have continuing converstaions with my DDs about why they need to wait for a physical relationship, have self respect and choosing a partner that has respect for them and the steps they need to take when they do feel like their relationship might progress to a physical level.  I have been discussing these things with them for literally years now.  My YDD is not allowed to date yet (she is 14).  My ODD is about to turn 16 and does have a bf but they are allowed next to no "alone" time.  She is actually going on her first group date with him after the homecoming game this Friday. 

Msgme
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM

obvioulsy the boys are having sex as well but they dont (at least my dd's friends) don't admit to it as much on FB. I mean there is alot of "macho talk" but  they keep it kinda on the down low.  Both girls i mentioned in the op the boys are seniors

Quoting Txlisa7969:

I would like to add I didn't mean to single out girls on their own.  Teens has a whole are starting way to young and being extremely reckless.  My ODD had a classmate in Jr. high that became a "Dad" in 7th grade when he was 13.  I have a young son who is only 7 right now but the rules that apply to my DDs will apply to him too.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM
That's pretty scary. My son is in 8th grade, and he hasn't mentioned anyone having pregnancy scares yet. A lot of his friends and himself don't even have girlfriends yet, even though they talk about girls and who likes who a lot.
PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

You got that right, why a parent would allow a child of 13, 14 have boyfriends is beyond me. I might be old school but why would they want a child at that age to become pregnant. Somebody explain this to me because I just can't understand it.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM

At my youngest's middle school  there are 6th graders making out.  The boy my dd is crushing on is in 7th grade and she was going thru his fb. pics of him making out with his then girlfriend all over the place. She asked me this morning if she was allowed to date.   She's 11.  I lauged hard. Dh heard her tho and yelled out from across the house  NOOOOOOOO 

Quoting Barabell:

That's pretty scary. My son is in 8th grade, and he hasn't mentioned anyone having pregnancy scares yet. A lot of his friends and himself don't even have girlfriends yet, even though they talk about girls and who likes who a lot.

AmericanChild82
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM

My dd is 13 and she told me last school year there was a girl in the 8th grade class that was pregnant. It's really sad.

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Yikes! I'd be freaking out in my 7th grader was posting pics like that!

Quoting Msgme:

At my youngest's middle school  there are 6th graders making out.  The boy my dd is crushing on is in 7th grade and she was going thru his fb. pics of him making out with his then girlfriend all over the place. She asked me this morning if she was allowed to date.   She's 11.  I lauged hard. Dh heard her tho and yelled out from across the house  NOOOOOOOO 

Quoting Barabell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN