Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Id rather your teen call me then die

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have told some of my youth group girls (and guys) that I am a leader with, that if they are ever at a party or anything and are scared to call home that they can call me I will get them then we can call the parents together..

I would rather they call me, then get into a car with a drunk driver or do something they really dont want to do...

Thoughts??

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM

That is so Awesome of you. You're a good person =)

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I see nothing wrong with it, cause I agree.

Connorsmommy13
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Quoting Miss_Mandy80:

so you would be okay with your teen calling someone else instead of you??

Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Yes. If he was to afraid to call me & wanted to call someone else for a ride or a call, I would be grateful someone else cared enough for my son & his well-being. =)

Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM

But he does know & understand that he can talk & call his Dad & I for and about anything. We have had many talks on this. =)

02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I agree with you 100% it is better to have them safe now than sorry later

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I sincerely hope that we have gotten accross to our kids that if they are ever in that type of situation they can call hubby or I.  However if for some reason they felt they couldn't then I would be glad for an adult like you that would step forward and keep them safe.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Hmmm....   Though I would be grateful, and would do the same for any of my kids' friends', I have never been put in that situation.   It is a slippery slope,   I have witnessed  some long term friendships that were damaged/destroyed because the parents had different perpectives..... 

Bulldog-Mommy10
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM
If the choices are 1) call no one 2) call someone else, then why not?

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting Miss_Mandy80:

so you would be okay with your teen calling someone else instead of you??

bexsmum
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM

All 4 of mine were told if they were at a party or just out with friends and needed a ride ,we would come get them NO QUESTIONS ASKED. We felt it was far better to go get them and the friends than to have them drive with someone who had been drinking. Now saying this In Ontario legal drinking age is 19 so we had seniors on a victory lap that were of age and would have parties.  Also DS number 2 went to college in the same city we lived so yes we did go get the kids from time to time. I felt better safe than sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)