Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Your teen's room

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 32 Replies
Do your teens have to clean their rooms? My dd does it once a week and even if I didn't make her she'd still probably do it.
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's part of their chores. Their room must be clean by Friday evening (along with their other chores done), or they lose half of their allowance. Not done by Saturday night? Full allowance lost. Still not done by Sunday night? They lose next week's allowance and get woken up early on Monday to do it before school.

It doesn't have to be spotless, but it does have to be neat.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 13 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 9 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 16 months old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 17 years old (niece) 

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I haven't been nearly as tough about this as I need to be. But I am cracking down regarding the picking up.

dutchcanadain
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:00 AM

my kids had till noon saturday to get it done or else 

GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to tell mine that her room had to be tidy by friday afternoons or she wasn't going anywhere the whole weekend. Then she just stopped going places for it to matter. Fortunetely NOW she cannot stand a messy room and the only messiness to it is the chair in the corner that is constantly used as a clothes dumping ground -but considering she learnt that habit from me - I can't really complain.

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 4:52 AM
It is clean...ish. The floor is clean, but the dressers and shelves are pretty slung about. My biggest irritant is the constant gum wrappers under the bed, in the corner, on top
of the dresser with a trashcan right there.

He's pretty sentimental about his " little boy toys" and those take up a little more cubby space than I'd like..... Aaand the numerous t-shirts he won't let me box up in the top of the closet. :-)
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Yes my dd cleans her room weekly.

Adexecmom
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Ugh, this is the big bone of contention in my house.  My kids are slobs.  I just keep their doors closed. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM
He doesn't have to. He has always been a neat freak, he has always kept his room clean without bring asked to clean it.
the3Rs
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I have all 3 boys clean their room once a week. It's no biggie...
sahlady
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. It would be disrespectful to live with someone and not keep your items tidy. They can be a slob when they live alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)