See what CafeMoms are saying about saving time this holiday season..
by Jeanne Sager
When you have a kid, you expect them to change. That's all part and parcel of growing up. But the closer my daughter gets to the teen years, the more I'm realizing change is an understatement. She isn't just changing. She is doing a total 180 on me!
Everything I thought I "knew" about parenting a "little kid" is going out the window, along with (small) chunks of my sanity. Just look at how kids change!
1. Then: Telling them to shower was akin to telling them to walk on hot coals.
2. Then: You couldn't get them to close the gosh darn door.
3. Then: You couldn't get them to stay in bed.
4. Then: They talked. CONSTANTLY.
Now: They grunt and say "whatever" a lot.
5. Then: You had never felt smarter; they thought you knew EVERYTHING.
6. Then: Vegetables were poison plants from Jupiter.
7. Then: They were bright eyed and bushy tailed when you needed five more minutes, just five more minutes.
8. Then: They can't wait to get on the bus to see their friends.
9. Then: She wanted to grow up to marry Daddy, and you thought it was just so darn cute.
10. Then: The biggest dangers to your clothes were fingerpaint spills and jelly handprints.
What has your kid done a 180 on?