Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Need ideas for graduation gift

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 9 Replies
My ds who is 10 yrs is the water boy for our schools varsity football team. It has been an amazing experience since we are a small football town. My son has really bonded with our star quarterback. My son calls him his best friend he sits with him on the bus to away games and talks with him on sidelines during the game. As a mom it truly warms my heart that this boy is now an idol to my son. He is so good to him and it has brought my sons confidence level up. When my son talks about him he is truly beaming from ear to ear. My son also plays 5th grade football that boy has even came and watched my son play. I can't begin to tell you what that meant to my son. The young man also drives a brand new camaro and has promised my son a ride in it. Which he absolutely can not wait lol. The boy graduates this year and has gotten a football scholarship. I would like to get him something for his graduation. I would like it to be something as touching as he has made my son feel. I told my son just remember to act like him when he is in high school someday when he has young boys looking up to him. And I have already noticed him doing it. My son is extremely outgoing and a huge athlete so almost all the kids in school know who he is. I have told the young boys parents what a blessing he has to been to my son. Hoping someone can help me with some ideas. I just want to express how special he is and how much it means to a 10 year old for just showing that he cares. :)
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

get a picture of your son and him . Have your son autograph it.  Then frame it. Write a heartfelt letter of how much this young man has touched your life.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
This perfect! Also money for college dorm will be appreciated. What an awesome kid! Sweet story

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

get a picture of your son and him . Have your son autograph it.  Then frame it. Write a heartfelt letter of how much this young man has touched your life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I agree with the picture and/or looking at a website like the Personalization Mall for ideas within your price range.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the picture idea.     Another idea: Is something like this, with an inscription along the lines of:  Thanks for the time you spent with me... 

suesues
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:20 AM

gift card maybe gas card always need the cash in college

askmommy
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome. What a great role model and amazing teen!
wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

The picture is a great idea.

When our last babysitter (before ds1 was old enough to watch his siblings) graduated, we got her a Target gift card. She really liked it b/c she could get stuff for fun, college, whatever.

schfam
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Thank you for all the awesome ideas. I really appreciate it!
02nana07
by Ida on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Money or gift cards to help with college is always a good idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)