Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

His first college A

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son  just called to let me know that he got his first A!

Ha. I think I was more excited than he was. 

I will be honest, I was worried how him being in a fraternity would effect his studies, but so far so good!

Did/do you ever worry about how extracurricular activies can effect your teens grades? 

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

That is great.  My dd is in so many things at school, but still manages good grades. 

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

YES !

So far with my older two it went fine.My daughter was /is kind of known as a study nerd in her sorrority .My oldest was in the Corp at TAMU ....I was very worried but underclassmen get extra privliges for certain G.P.s so that helped motivate him a lot LOLWe will see with my younger two ...crossing fingers for that time.

Congrats to your son.Good job.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Congrats to your son.

bizzeemom2717
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Congrats. I have never really worried but my kids have always known grades come first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I was worried for a bit the start of high school last year.  My dd was in her first high school musical production and she was in school from 8am to sometimes past 8pm  due to rehersals. plus she was taking an advanced science class. I was really worried her grades would suffer. But the oppoistie happened.

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Congratswoohoo

Carmel63
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM

My daughter is involved with a lot of extra curriculars, but so far her grades have not suffered.  She is in the university choir, newspaper, tv production, endowment committee, outdoor club, and campus ministries.  She has also mentioned the Italian club, and sailing club.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM

My kids seem to thrive while being loaded up with extras. 

Quoting Msgme:

I was worried for a bit the start of high school last year.  My dd was in her first high school musical production and she was in school from 8am to sometimes past 8pm  due to rehersals. plus she was taking an advanced science class. I was really worried her grades would suffer. But the oppoistie happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN