Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Stepping up!! *amazed*

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, some of you may remember my posts from March - June wit hDs1 who was suicidal, ran away, been in therapy, on meds...

Well, something shifted over the summer and this kid is doing AMAZING!!! I think the hormones have settled down some!

In August, we started talking about starting up a new Boy Scout Troop. Ian didn't like the one he was in. Well, as soon s he found out who would be Scoutmaster, he ran for Senior Patrol Leader, aka the boy in charge of EVERYTHING!  He finished his merit badges for LIFE rank and is now just a few steps away from Eagle Scout!

He started volunteering at "Teen court" with our city and serves on the jury twice a month. He finds it fascinating.

He is working toward his driver's license, which with our insurance will require him to keep a minimum of a B average. He and his Dad are going to a Teen Safe driver class at our local Highway Patrol office tonight.

The Charter school we use does a monthly grading system and so far he has straight As in every class!!!  (Only two assignments have had Cs - the rest have been 2 Bs and ALL As)

Finally, he has been a member of Order of the Arrow - the Honor society in Boy Scouts but hasn't been doing much for over a year. He went to a big OA camping trip this weekend and how has joined a Ceremonies team (and will be doing competitions) and is hoping to start Indian dancing! He is SO excited about it! I'm in AWE!

He is still going to therapy. Over the summer we went to 2x a month , but are currently back to weekly. he is still on meds but that's OK. He  doesn't even seem like the same kid that was hating on me, wanting to be dead and freaking out just a few months ago!!

I can't even begin to put words to how wonderful he is doing right now!

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drfink
by Emily on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE to read such a HAPPY post !

thank goodness for you for being such a support and helping your son get on path.you must be so relieved he is feeling so much better.

good luck with his Eagle ,fantastic

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with drfink on this. I love to see a good update, so often we only get to read about the negatives and most kids do turn around. 

Good luck on his Eagle scout..badge/merit thing? LOL

Hannahluvsdogs
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM

How wonderful! I hope he continues to do well.

Khanfan
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM

That is great news!  Yeah for him and you too!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM

This is great news!!

woohoo

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Wonderful!    I am so happy for you both! 

lakerfan420
by Jamie on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!! I'm so happy for u guys, and I know u must be so proud of him!
PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting drfink:

LOVE to read such a HAPPY post !

thank goodness for you for being such a support and helping your son get on path.you must be so relieved he is feeling so much better.

good luck with his Eagle ,fantastic

Me to the first thing that popped up was your response. and I agree with it.

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I love to hear about happy ending's

wakymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM

That's great!

Good luck to him on finishing Eagle. I'm trying to remember if I knew he was in OA; glad he's getting more involved in that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)