Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My baby is having a baby...... again.

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi everyone! Im jenna, and i have two kids, Savannah who is 16, and justin who is 8. My daughter savannah has two kids herself. twins, Kale, and Kaidyn. Theyre 4 months old.

Last year, in the spring, i found out that my daughter got pregnant by her gay best friend at a party where she drank alchohol for the first time. I blamed myself, and i felt like the worst mom on the planet for allowing it to happen.

It wasnt until she approached me after a month of avoiding her saying that she needed her mom. She told me it wasnt my fault and reminded me why im a good mom. and i accepted that. my husband i i only let her go to that party because we trust her. What happened was an accident, and she really grew responsible and into a great young adult when she decided to keep her babies. she got a job, even against the babies fathers being against it. but, she is a wonderful mother. Very wonderful.

But, when she was 7 months pregnant, she got a boyfriend.

and history is repeating itself......... she is pregnant now again, when she already has her 4 month old twins. she told us at dinner last night, and then she ran out and to her condo with her babies fathers.

She is coming back home for dinner this weekend, and i dont know what to say to her...... I want to be sooo angry...HOW COULD SHE LET THIS HAPPEN!?

but i want to support her too... but i am torn..... im so upset.... shes too young, and completely not ready for ANOTHER baby....

With her twins, the last time, the situation was so different. It really was nothing but a drunken accident.. She wasnt completely held too accountable, because she didnt know much about what she was doing........ but this time, she planned to sleep with her boyfriend. it was just ..... she was simply being irresponsible......

She doesnt live completely at home, and she is a mother. i mean, i cant ground her. i just dont know what to say.

any advice fellow moms?

what would you do?

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Sep. 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this, I have no advise to offer

gabyangy
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I would be so furious.  WTH was she thinking?  How is she supporting these kids and planning on supporting her 3rd child. 

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

She lives with her bfriend ? How old is he ,does he work full time?Has she finished high school ? I think your focus is to be a strong grandmother for your grand children.Also help your daughter realize she needs to stop having children at least till she more firmly established.That is doing what is best for her children in the future.

jlg12678
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Is she emancipated in your state due to having a child? If not, I'd haul her ass back home....her being a mother would mean little to me at this point. Unless she is emancipated she is still a minor child that you can at least attempt to control and help.

How old is the father? Is he 18 or older? Who is paying for this condo they are living in?

I'm sorry you dealing with this...I would be furious.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Omg, I'm so sorry. Wow, I have to think on this one I truly can't imagine and get why you are so confused and upset. I would have nop idea what to say off the top of my head? here is a bump, let me think, I will come back. Hang in there and hugs, this is tougfh I agree. :(

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

No advice, but I am sorry that your dd is putting everyone through all this again. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM
OMF, she needs BC. Or never allow her out of your sight. I would be furious. I would be asking her what job at 16 she is gonna get to take care of 3 kids. She is underage no matter if she has a kid or not. Yes, you can make rules or she can hit the road.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM
She is 16 And you allow her to move.out with the baby daddy? You are still at fault.

I also think you need to give her a choice. Move home and live by your rules or she should be emancipated.
babygirl4326
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM

BUMP!

askmommy
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Why wasn't she on BC? Not much to do now but support her. And some BC education!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)