Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

How can help my parents with an evil teen?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 6 Replies

bow downI'm not a mom but have tried to conceive. I will find out the results Sunday. Anyways, My parents said i grew out of this phase at age 6 when my brother was born...my brother is only thirteen and practically has my parents by the hair.

devil

I have tried to help but my parents refuse to let me. So I watch my brother walk all over them. They spend hundreds of dollars every weekend so he can race his car at a little race track. Never once a thank you and never once has he been happy with everything they do. He actually complains after every single thing that he does that's amazing.He spray paints everything, including the trees and things on the porch and my dads prized pocket knife that he keeps put away. He draws on the beautiful counter tops with permanent marker. He cuts up everything, including my mothers photo box to make a large toy car. He talks back, demands money (which he is always given), He seems to freak out and try to hurt me when I clean up his mess around the house... This morning was a very large mess of cars and pillows all over the living room. As I came into living room I saw his hat on top of the piled mess and he said "My hat better not touch the ground today", So I put it on his bed. He said "I bet you dropped on the ground". What do you do when a child is like this?? As he walked out the door he said I had to check his clothes for stains so he looks good for school. I picked off a couple cat hairs and said he was fine and I expect a thank you to be said to everyone who treats you this good. He just left. A few weeks ago he tied shoe laces to the ceiling face and turned it on. I stopped the fan, removed the crusty dirty laces and tossed them into the trash. He pulled them out and whipped my arm. I grabbed the laces and pushed him away from me. He had the nerve to say he would call the police. My reaction because I was upset with my skin raising from the incident was mimicking what the call might sound like, "Hello, police, I whipped my sister with shoelaces and she defended herself, you should take her to jail." I mean really, what does he think in his head when he does stupid stuff. I just cleaned the house yesterday. By the time my dad got home, the house was tore up from my brother and my dad expects me to spend my important college homework time cleaning. Between work, college, and home life I do as much as I possible can because I love my family and we live in a beautiful home that I hope to one day have for my own. But this destructive child is ruining the family bond and the family's possessions. Right now I'm glancing across this house and wondering if he will ever grow out of it. I know that he does this because my parents practically encourage it. I need advice on what I could do because my parents won't change and I want them to one day retire and live on the land they bought in Tennessee. please help, pretty please?

surrender

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM
If your parents don't care, stay out of it.

Unless he is doing things illegal, like graffiti on OTHER people's property, then it isn't your problem.

If he IS doing.illegal things, call the police.
croger13
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM

No. He's just a little monster. I only care because his actions effect me. I shall stay out of it. Thank you for your advice.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Your parents created a monster. Don't give him anything. Sounds like he runs the house and your parents let him get away with anything and everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
croger13
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My family doesn't discipline either. My brother and I have never once been spanked. I turned out well because my mother said having a little brother made me happy and gave me responsibilities. He does run the house. I'm not a victim, I just haven't figured out how to deal with it. And I remember specifically before it became this bad that my mom said he's going to be a teen soon and i will need your help kepping him out of trouble.but idk.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly don't think you can. No one wants to be told how to parent or how they are failing to parent. Your parents esp won't want to hear it from you. They are making the choices to allow him to be a monster. They need to live with it. Hopefully as he matures he will realize what a self centered brat he is.  You can't place all the blame on him. Your parents allow it. Make sure you raise your cildren better is about all you can do.

croger13
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Thank you for your opinions. you have all been so helpful. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN