Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Need some advice about my son

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 13 Replies

Hi I'm really upset I went in his room to put his clean clothes in there and I found a  I don't even knowhat you call it but I guess a pipe for smoking pot. I need advice how to get him help I DO NOT tolerate this and not going to.I tried to call drug hotline and they told me to get a test and see what that came out to be.and if he refuses then u know he's guilty.I just need advice on how to confront him without making a agrument out of it and he just turn and woutd walk away.I kno there needs tobe punishment I'm just up set about all of this.His dad and I are divorced I confronted him and  he told me he would rather see him to do pot than any of this other drugs that are out there.So I'm not getting any help from him.Please if you have any afor me advice for me feel free to post it one upset and hurt mom I raised him that any drugs are no good

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleekingOut
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM

How old is he?

wearymoon
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM
If he's doing this at the influence of friends I would advise getting him into drug counseling even if it is just pot. Sometimes they need to hear the hard core truth without worry of hurting their feelings.
luv2save71
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM

He is 16 years old

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Drug awareness and counseling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sspicoley
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Definitely drug counseling. Hard core counseling. At his age he thinks he knows everything and knows more than u. Now is the time to not worry abt hurt feelings. Worry abt his life.
bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Tell him what you found and try and stay as calm, cool and collected as possible. Explain your concerns and why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Oh no I am sorry, but first thing is his age if he is 18 it is a whole new ball game but under 18 you know what needs to be done. Good luck.

gonecrazi
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:42 PM

go to the pharmacy buy a kit make him use it. If it comes back positive. Give him 2 choices. stop on his own or rehab.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Tell him what you found and try and stay as calm, cool and collected as possible. Explain your concerns and why.

I agree with this.   

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I agree with this. AND do random drug tests in about a month or so to see if he stopped. 

Also, he would be grounded for a long long time!

Quoting gonecrazi:

go to the pharmacy buy a kit make him use it. If it comes back positive. Give him 2 choices. stop on his own or rehab.

Cindy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)