Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

"She" referring to You

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 32 Replies
When my kids have a gripe about me, I would hear them constantly refer me as "she." It work my nerves sometimes and I have ask them to stop. Well I have another teenager here this morning and she said her gramps yelled at her for referring to her grandma as "she." The kids don't quite understand that it's a matter of respect. When they talk to each other it sounds like they're talking about a stranger and not their mom. We came to agree it depends on the content of the conversation and the generation gap.
How would you feel if your kids were angry with you and were talking about you while you're in the next room referring to you as she and not mom?
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
It is a pronoun. Better than referring to you as the old lady in the other room, or worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wearymoon
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Interesting you said that because that is part of the kids argument.

Quoting atlmom2:

It is a pronoun. Better than referring to you as the old lady in the other room, or worse.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

there are worse words they could use.

goldpandora
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Heh, every time I referred to my mother as "she" she would cut me off with "SHE is the cat's mother. I have a name." It eventually sinks in :)

wearymoon
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
True. I just find it interesting that me and the grandparents of the other teen said the same thing without even a discussion about it. Perhaps it is a generational thing?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

wearymoon
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:58 AM
LMBO. Thanks for the laugh.

Quoting goldpandora:

Heh, every time I referred to my mother as "she" she would cut me off with "SHE is the cat's mother. I have a name." It eventually sinks in :)

goldpandora
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM

such is a Scottish upbringing ...

:)

Quoting wearymoon:

LMBO. Thanks for the laugh.

Quoting goldpandora:

goldpandora
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Sure there are, but don't you feel that maybe we're not setting the bar high enough? 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Quoting goldpandora:

Sure there are, but don't you feel that maybe we're not setting the bar high enough? 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

NO I see it as word used to describe a female. I  have used the word he when referring to one of my sons many times.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

shorty13417
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM

my son does it all the time... i rather him to call me that than some other words that are alot worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN