Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

10/1 Today is...

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:25 AM
  • 14 Replies

National Homemade Cookies Day

National Homemade Cookies Day is an unofficial food holiday celebrated annually on October 1st. On this day, people celebrate by indulging in delicious homemade cookies of all kinds. While bakery cookies and store-bought cookies may satisfy a sweet-tooth, there's nothing quite like homemade cookies. If you bake your own cookies, not only do you end up with a yummy treat, but smell of baking cookies adds something extra to your home.

Cookies 'can' be considered homemade even if you use a pre-packaged cookie dough, although true homemade cookies are made from scratch using ingredients like flour, sugar and butter. The varieties of cookies that you can make at home are vast and vary from simple to the more elaborate. It doesn't matter if you prefer a traditional homemade chocolate chip cookie or a fancy Florentine cookie, National Homemade Cookie day is just a great excuse to enjoy some warm, fresh baked cookies on a chilly October day!

http://www.mahalo.com/national-homemade-cookies-day/

When was the last time you made or ate homemade cookies?

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:33 AM

A month ago when I made peanut butter cookies to send to hubby in his care package

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I made some cake mix cookies a month or so ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Hm. It's been quite a while. As much as I love cookies, I don't like to make them all that much.

Lorena
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I just made cookies the other day. I have to make some for my sd5 class for Friday. But I will make them Thursday night or else everyone will eat them on her.
Lorena
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I am the opposite. I do not like cookies but do live making them.

Quoting wakymom:

Hm. It's been quite a while. As much as I love cookies, I don't like to make them all that much.

wakymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM

We'd make a great team, then- you bake 'em, I'll eat 'em : )

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting wakymom:

Lorena
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome but you better get them before the crew does. I normally bake while they are at school or sleeping. Or else they are gone by the time I can get them out if the oven, but I have a couple who will eat them before I can even get them in the oven lol.

Quoting wakymom:

We'd make a great team, then- you bake 'em, I'll eat 'em : )

Quoting Lorena:

Quoting wakymom:

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM

It's been a while, I've been meaning to make some soon. Maybe this is my excuse to do it today!

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM

The last time I made them don't remember but my daughter made some, some months back and I never eat them when I do make them because not much of a cookie person.

drfink
by Emily on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Last night and in a minute.I am visiting my 29 yr old helping pack his kitchen and baths for his move.His fiancee made delicious from scratch Snickerdoodles...YUMMY.Hmmmmm I NEED one now ....lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)